Mid-Ohio HPDE / Lapping Day Confirmed!

theweiser1

Slick as snot, you say?

Yup.

Oh thanks, video of a bunch of 911's going off in the rain is confidence inspiring :D

Actually...there is pretty much no way Yasmin will go out if it's raining, inexperienced driver in difficult to drive car with no driving aids...nope not gonna happen.

It's gonna be dry I have confidence

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be out there instructing in my WRB 04 STi. As far as I know we instructors are not assigned to drivers. So if you want a coach that is in a similar car as yours let me know.

So the oil has been changed and the Carbon fiber driveshaft is in. I just need the pads to show up and the rotors will be going on. Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

I have a golf r. A bit different awd system but similar capabilities stock if you are interested in instructing me.

Oh thanks, video of a bunch of 911's going off in the rain is confidence inspiring :D

Actually...there is pretty much no way Yasmin will go out if it's raining, inexperienced driver in difficult to drive car with no driving aids...nope not gonna happen.

It's gonna be dry I have confidence

So you are going to take the reigns?

you put it in the wall yet?

disclaimer never would actually wish that upon some one... well maybe just aaron

Shut up, Paul.

I will neither confirm nor deny that I went off track my second session.

:dumb:

Will not assume responsibility :fa:

I got most of intermediate and advanced on video, if anyone here wants me to look out for their car in particular let me know.

I'm fucking beat. Between the rain, the heat, and either driving or riding in two run groups in a car with stock seats and shitty belts, I feel like I'm going to need some pain killers to get through the night.

Oh, and I didn't leave the track ever but I had a pretty epic spin in T10. Seemed to be a particularly nasty spot in the wet and it caught me completely unawares. (eta, well, I guess I did leave the track a little bit)

I got most of intermediate and advanced on video, if anyone here wants me to look out for their car in particular let me know.

I'm fucking beat. Between the rain, the heat, and either driving or riding in two run groups in a car with stock seats and shitty belts, I feel like I'm going to need some pain killers to get through the night.

Oh, and I didn't leave the track ever but I had a pretty epic spin in T10. Seemed to be a particularly nasty spot in the wet and it caught me completely unawares. (eta, well, I guess I did leave the track a little bit)

I recognize the car, Greg. Sorry we didn't meet. I know we crossed paths out there a few times.

Lots of fun was had. :) I apparently wasn't very clear on how the first novic run group was going to handled. Needless to say I was really disappointed. It was better the second run (still drenched). Third was better with a slightly drier track. But after lunch the clouds parted and the track dried out right away. The final dry runs made the day for me.

That track is both the most slippery and most grippy paved surface I have ever driven on. When it was wet there were spots that I was seeing the stability control turn on at just 25mph. But when it dried there were places I was fully expecting to feel the VCS kick in and instead discovered I could push harder. Very fun.

I definitely plan to do another. I'm not sure how much I'll tune the car for it, but I will certainly be out there again.

I recognize the car, Greg. Sorry we didn't meet. I know we crossed paths out there a few times.

Yeah, with the rain and the short sessions I didn't get much of an opportunity to walk around and meet people. We should have had a CR corner or something. If that was you in the Dart then that would have been my friend driving in intermediate, I was riding along to make sure he didn't break my car :) I'll see if you pop up on the vids anywhere.

Morning was disappointing but thems the breaks. My NT-01s are down to just the 2 center grooves left so no downpour driving for me. I drove the first session of the afternoon and it was still pretty sketchy for those tires but was better after that. At least the weather held out in the afternoon and made for some dry fun (as long as you avoided the puddle in 9)

It was a good time yesterday despite the rain. Yasmin was scared to death of my car in the rain...and rightfully so we almost spun out on the back straight and absolutely almost did the T10 spin greg posted above too. She kept it on track though but it rattled her confidence the rest of the day even after it got dry.

Despite all that her last session was good, she was starting to "get it" again after a 5 year absense from the track.

Sorry to those in the novice group we held up, I tried my best to work the mirrors for her and keep traffic flowing as good as possible.

I know these videos can be pretty boring without any antics or hijinks, but here's my last four laps of the day. I think my last time out I was generally running in the 1:51-1:52 range on crappier tires, so I'm pretty happy with the improvement on the Toyos despite having a passenger.

No traffic at that point except for some kid driving way too fast (for a Miata) that I had to show up :)

Still going through everything while trying to look like I'm working...

I have a golf r. A bit different awd system but similar capabilities stock if you are interested in instructing me.

Sorry that I just saw this! I never checked the tread again after Friday. I would have made time for you yesterday. Sorry man.

We should have had a CR corner or something.

Well we kind of had that with the three of us. It was you, Draco and myself over in that corner.

It was good times for sure. It felt a little disorganized in the beginning but I believe that rain was a major contributor to that.

Did anyone happen to get pictures from the S2000 that wadded it up on the back strait? And does anyone know who had the 06 or 07 WRX TR with a Brembo swap done?