Lettuce talk about LSX fuel injectors (ls gurus, step inside)

JuicedH22

Okay lsx gurus...

I am swapping out my injectors for some ls3 length injectors...

first thought is to get some SD 60lb'ers to replace the ls1 length SD 60s I took out. These would be direct replacement nothing new. They seemed to work fine, but idle and cruise AFR was hard to get to stay steady, did bounce a bit within a few tenths.

2nd thought is LS3/7 stock injectors, but at 42lbs (@3bar), I am not sure it will be enough for my 416 (expecting 550whp range), I really dont want to go above 90% duty cycle

3rd option is LS9 injectors which are 52lb, but the spray pattern is off and could hit the runner/wall, since the manifold sits at a different angle, though i have heard people have used these w/o issue.

4th option is FAST injectors.... though unfamiliar with these and how they perform, but can get 50 lb @4bar or 65lb @4bar...

Anyone have input/experience to share?

So you actually swapped in the LS3 length injectors and experienced the issues? It would seem to me that would have more to do with injector offset and minimum pulsewidth then the injector itself. The coil inside that injector would likely neccesitate some tweaking to those parameters in the tune file.

Otherwise I haven't heard anything great about FAST injectors, but I have set them up before and they work fine in the LS1 f-body I used them in (not my car, I have SMP 37.5 pound injectors that I can't get quite right).

My suggestion is to find some injectors with some good known parameters for you to set up your tune with.

I did NOT swap in ls3 length and have problems. I sold my ls1 length, because i want the lower height injectors, I have not purchased any replacements yet. The price difference between resized LS3s, FAST, and Siemens is $20.... so thats not a driving factor.

I agree Kyle that i had zero tuning "issues" with the Siemens 60s, but I will say they do not hold a constant steady AFR at idle/cruise, which can be contributed to not being characterized....

I'm just trying to learn something here and I'm sure there is something I'm missing. Why go with the shorter/lower height injector, why not keep the stock style injector and just get higher flowing ones?

While I'm sure OP has his reasons the injectors he was using were higher flowing injectors that would've been stock on the original engine, however he has an LS3 based engine in it now and the injectors are different then the LS6.

If there is some other reason I'd be curious to know what it is.

The reason is purely to get the lower height, no other reason. The reason I want the shorter injectors, is to get the fuel rails lower, to put the n2o fuel rails over/inside of, with the hard lines going over, and to the nitrous ports... this is required because of limited height clearance on corvettes....