FS: RRA 10.5in upper for sale!!

1fast5gp

Can you tell me why NFA laws do not apply to this upper? I'm interest but don't want to get in trouble for owning something illegal.

NFA rules DO apply to this Pham. You'll need a tax stamp since ull be converting your AR to a short barrel rifle.

Can you tell me why NFA laws do not apply to this upper? I'm interest but don't want to get in trouble for owning something illegal.

In order to have a rifle with a barrel under 16" you have to apply to register your rifle as a short barrel rifle and pay for a $200 tax stamp and jump through a bunch of hoops. The way around this is to convert it to a pistol, which means a buffer tube that can't readily accept a stock, and no forward vertical hand grip.

NFA laws does apply. People have already explained it. If you want to use this upper without a stamp, you would need to build a AR-Pistol. Meaning you have to start with a pistol lower, or an Other lower meaning it could be turned into a pistol or a rifle. All of your stripped lowers and complete lowers falls into this catagory. If you have a lower that was registered as a rifle from the factory, like from a M&P15 or DD M4. You CAN NOT convert it to a pistol lower and use it for a pistol AR. I have a Commercial buffer tube on my AR pistol with a Rubber buffer tube cover on it. Since I don't have any spare commercial stocks at home that will fit the tube, it is legal. But people really should use a pistol buffer tube just to avoid any confusion. Let say if I use a milspec buffer tube and I have a crap ton of spare milspec stocks at home, I could get charged by the ATF with constructive possession of a NFA firearm. AFGs are fine, ATF already cleared that up. Vertical foregrips are bad.