what to do with maxima

The_buster

First i posted this here because thats where I see this heading...

Ok, the maxima needs the slave cylinder replaced, looking to try and attempt that when its warmer in the next couple days. Its still having the rough start not to mention the catalytic needs replaced. It just seems to be one thing after another. What I would really like to do is keep it and slowly mod it in the future because its different and not many people mod these, but after driving the CRV I want another suv. I can see more and dont have an issue with drive throughs, Im short 5'6"ish, and Its just all around better for us both. I really want to get something with a little bit of lift no more than 6" though, and bigger tires or something I can do that to later down the road. I am just wanting opinions or maybe some advice im not sure. The maxima Is just sitting for now so nothing else gets torn up.

If you are buying a car based on how easy it is to reach your food when going through a drive through, you eat too much fast food.

People don't mod Maxima's because it's a waste of money to mod a platform like that. Fix it and drive it in to the ground if you like it that much.

The buster

Sell that shit on craigslist for a grand and lease a new base model car for $150/mo until you get your shit straight.

I agree. The idea of leasing on CR is unpopular but that's what I would do in his position. Didn't this guy just have a kid?

Get something reliable and safe. Dump the Maxima. Start saving money, etc.

Sell the Maxima and get a Toyota or Honda (as has been said a billion times before). Dude both of my SC300's, with over 200,000, have had like 0 problems. Also alot more support for modding 'Yotas, especially RWD Lexus's.

1997 Civic EX (vtec!!) would be a good option. Keep it STOCK and you will have a nice little car.

I had one in high-school and it was pretty fun.

The problem is that once you have enough money to get a reliable daily and you CAN start modifying the Maxima is that you probably won't want to do it. There is a reason people don't modify them and it's because they just aren't good cars. I say give up modifying or buying something to modify for now until you are better off financially and I bet you won't be looking at Maximas.

my credit sucks I pretty much need a co-signer to order a pizza...

Man, I feel for you and wish you the best... so having a kid was a good idea with your finances in shambles?

You didn't take anyones advice on getting a Honda/Toyota/whatever so why another thread where you won't listen to anyone?

The only worthwhile mod for th 4th gen maxima is to swap a 5.5th gen maxima engine (3.5L) and completely gut the car. I've owned my car for 10 years and have been an avid maxima member/moderator on maxima.org since '03 and it's really not worth putting anything into these cars unless you're going to go all out and either do a turbo setup or 3.5L swap.

The only worthwhile mod for th 4th gen maxima is to swap a 5.5th gen maxima engine (3.5L) and completely gut the car. I've owned my car for 10 years and have been an avid maxima member/moderator on maxima.org since '03 and it's really not worth putting anything into these cars unless you're going to go all out and either do a turbo setup or 3.5L swap.

No. Needs ls swap!!! Better yet... TT ls like my "Obama" ls vette!!!