Anyone Into Archery/Bowhunting?

Bark

I've been deer hunting for a long time but finally just purchased my first compound bow to try it out for this upcoming season. I havent shot a bow in about 20 years and am kind of lost in todays market of accessories. Right now my bow is brand new and bare. I need to find some accessories to get my bow up and shooting. I dont want to spend a ton but i want to make sure i get quality stuff that works well together. I would go to an archery shop but they are in the business of making money and I'd like to have a good idea of what i want/need before I go dropping big bucks on my set-up. Does anyone have some advice for a newbie?

I was much happier with my bow that I had help getting put together from a shop. The one I put together myself hasn't been shot since. Go to Vances or gander mountain. While gander is expensive on stuff they have great and innexpensive bowtechs that get paid hourly and don't try to sell you stuff. I have friends that spend 2k plus a year in new bow stuff that still use ganders bow shop. They will get you going in the right direction. They even have a range for you to shoot it in after you get parts on it.

i think A1 is closed :(

A-1 did close. Buckeye Has a selection and there is a shop in Lancaster called Fairfield Outdoors. That is where I go, but it is closer for me.

If anyone is interested, I know of a 3D bow league that should be starting in April. (Southeast of Columbus)

Thanks for all the suggestions. I stopped in fishermans warehouse and talked to the guy back in archery about getting me set-up and tuned once I get everything I need. I'll definitely stop by when I find everything. He also told me about the indoor range down the road that I'll be checking out. Im going to need a lot of practice this summer