Arnold Classic

BStowers023

I think it's funny that people have a goal of being muscular and having a byproduct of being strong is secondary. I see a lot of dudes at the gym who are toned/defined that can't put up jack shit. Why you lift bro?

I would rather look like i can bench 500lbs and have abs instead of being able to actually rep 500lbs and have a powerlifter build with the gut and all, not to mention by the time you're 40 having major elbow/shoulder problems just because you wanted to pat your ego and put that extra plate on the bench press.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather look like i can bench 500lbs and have abs instead of being able to actually rep 500lbs and have a powerlifter build with the gut and all, not to mention by the time you're 40 having major elbow/shoulder problems just because you wanted to pat your ego and put that extra plate on the bench press.

This. Unless you're competing in a strong man, why do you have to bench 5+ plates?

This. Unless you're competing in a strong man, why do you have to bench 5+ plates?

It is called being a man, and not a boy. Don't want to be some poser who acts like he is all tuff and strong versus being someone who can do actual work and can achieve things other posers can't

I call that a poser. who cares that you "look like" you are strong but aren't a girl can out lift you. what a joke.

And who says all powerlifters have a gut, I don't and a lot of others are ripped.

If you know what you are doing you get past any injury or problems.

Last saturday I was unfortunate and tore my hamstring after my 570 raw squat, but still managed to deadlift 600lbs raw after that. It will heal hopefully in a few weeks.

so kiss my

2013-03-06_06-37-34_640.jpg

It is called being a man, and not a boy. Don't want to be some poser who acts like he is all tuff and strong versus being someone who can do actual work and can achieve things other posers can't

I call that a poser. who cares that you "look like" you are strong but aren't a girl can out lift you. what a joke.

And who says all powerlifters have a gut, I don't and a lot of others are ripped.

Last saturday I was unfortunate and tore my hamstring after my 570 raw squat, but still managed to deadlift 600lbs raw after that. It will heal hopefully in a few weeks.

so kiss my

I actually got hurt overseas, so I can't lift for weight anymore...so I comprimised by doing faster paced, higher reps training. I broke my arm, they had to cut down my entire tricep and do an internal fixation with an 8" titanium plate with 15 titanium screws. So yeah, that's why I don't lift heavy anymore, and I'm fine with it.

so kiss my

It will heal hopefully? And if it doesn't you just fucked your legs up for life for what cause? To say you squatted 570? Awesome. Look at Jay Cutler, he has said several times he hardly goes over 315/405 on squats. Looks like it works well for him.

Not pissing on your style of lifting everyone prefers something different so no need to bash my style just because you want to get your rocks off by bragging about how much you can lift.

I actually got hurt overseas, so I can't lift for weight anymore...so I comprimised by doing faster paced, higher reps training. I broke my arm, they had to cut down my entire tricep and do an internal fixation with an 8" titanium plate with 15 titanium screws. So yeah, that's why I don't lift heavy anymore, and I'm fine with it.

you are like wolverine then you should be able to lift more with metal in you.

I fractured my hand last fall in a dune buggy accident, but didn't let that stop me, and I wont let my hamstring, it will heal.

It will heal hopefully? And if it doesn't you just fucked your legs up for life for what cause? To say you squatted 570? Awesome. Look at Jay Cutler, he has said several times he hardly goes over 315/405 on squats. Looks like it works well for him.

Not pissing on your style of lifting everyone prefers something different so no need to bash my style just because you want to get your rocks off by bragging about how much you can lift.

meh, it will heal. I did it for a personal goal of mine and was determined to hit that goal.

LOL

Do you take the Jay Cutler stack too? You relize the level of drugs used at Jay's stage vs. some random gym rat. IFBB pro's DO NOT have to train heavy in order to increase muscle density. If you train just to inflate you will be a balloon. Every single top tier body builder has some background as a powelifter. It is just virtually impossible not too.

Let me ask you a question... What does high reps do for you naturally? I'll be waiting.

so kiss my

DO YOU EVEN CALVES BRO?

not srs

LOL

Do you take the Jay Cutler stack too? You relize the level of drugs used at Jay's stage vs. some random gym rat. IFBB pro's DO NOT have to train heavy in order to increase muscle density. If you train just to inflate you will be a balloon. Every single top tier body builder has some background as a powelifter. It is just virtually impossible not too.

Let me ask you a question... What does high reps do for you naturally? I'll be waiting.

oh yeah bro I use muscle tech creatine and take my gnc vitamins daily so ill be big like Arnold. When I get my pro card I may even throw in some amino acids so I get really jacked :nono: I never said do all high reps. Trying to max out constantly is a sure way to get injured and ive seen way to many high schoolers/new lifters try to max out every week and get hurt.

As long as you didn't lose half of the muscle mass you should be ok.

so kiss my

Cave man mentality

As long as you didn't lose half of the muscle mass you should be ok.

It's not the loss of muscle mass, my right tricep didn't form back properly, so when I do heavy barbell workouts like bench, it puts too much strain on my right rotator.

To clarify - What you are saying is that you want to look like you are strong rather than be strong...? I know you don' mean it in a vanity-driven way. But, consider how that sounds.

And, no one said you had to squat 1300 to be strong....in reference to your powerlifting comment. you are referencing the absolute competition-end of the strength spectrum.

You assume too much, i personally don't want to be a powerlifter... yet the powerlifting exercises that I do help me in my logn term goals, I too obviously dont want elbow/shoulder issues. I want to be upright when I'm 70 years old. I want to be strong for the sake of longevity. No ego involved what-so-ever.

I trust that you made your statement above with the intent to not sound fake so we'll let that go. I believe you.

It's not the loss of muscle mass, my right tricep didn't form back properly, so when I do heavy barbell workouts like bench, it puts too much strain on my right rotator.

Sorry, it was supposed to be a joke. The potato that's somehow learned to type called Imstock2 posted that he lost half of the muscle mass in his thigh and promptly got called out by people who know what the fuck they are talking about saying that was basically impossible while still being able to walk after.

at least 10-15 years ago, there was a world's strongest man competition---when magnus ver magnussen competed. an american body builder entered the competition. everyone in the crowd was in awe of his size, tone, etc. he was thoroughly embarassed throughout the competition. i'll try to find it, but its worth watching. i'd give anything to just be 180lbs and toned. instead, i'm 225lbs, 30lbs (at least) overweight, and no matter how much time i take off lifting, i can still throw 315lbs around on the bench like its childs play.

at least 10-15 years ago, there was a world's strongest man competition---when magnus ver magnussen competed. an american body builder entered the competition. everyone in the crowd was in awe of his size, tone, etc. he was thoroughly embarassed throughout the competition. i'll try to find it, but its worth watching. i'd give anything to just be 180lbs and toned. instead, i'm 225lbs, 30lbs (at least) overweight, and no matter how much time i take off lifting, i can still throw 315lbs around on the bench like its childs play.

Those World's Strongest Men are massive in person. It was held here in Charlotte last summer, pretty cool to see in person VS watching on TV like I have forever

We have a girl at doghouse she's 130 and just deadlifted 325 raw. Now I know 325 don't sound like much to all the huge cr lifters. But its proably more than most of the so called lifters in the world will try. She dosent have a powerlifter gut. She competes in fitness comps. Very lean and ud never expect it. Thing is she trys with all she has and she's not a powerlifter. So what's the excuse?why not try and see what u are capable of? I'm not saying be a dumbass put 800 on a squat rack hen u know 315 is your limit.

We have a girl at doghouse she's 130 and just deadlifted 325 raw. Now I know 325 don't sound like much to all the huge cr lifters. But its proably more than most of the so called lifters in the world will try. She dosent have a powerlifter gut. She competes in fitness comps. Very lean and ud never expect it. Thing is she trys with all she has and she's not a powerlifter. So what's the excuse?why not try and see what u are capable of? I'm not saying be a dumbass put 800 on a squat rack hen u know 315 is your limit.

Is her name Jean Fry?

you lift at the Dogg House? I need to get back there once my hamstring heals.