New Porsche GT3

BrendanB

TRUTH!!!

No manual then it's not a real GT3. There's no point to a "Sports car" without a transmission controlled by a foot and hand, PERIOD. There's nothing to gain from beating someone with technology, because you didn't beat them, the technology did.

The same could be said about radial tires, fuel injection, turbo chargers, etc.

http://winfield.50megs.com/AAUpload/30_Posey_Reeves.jpg

TRUTH!!!

No manual then it's not a real GT3. There's no point to a "Sports car" without a transmission controlled by a foot and hand, PERIOD. There's nothing to gain from beating someone with technology, because you didn't beat them, the technology did.

too bad us poor competent-shifting types can't afford new GT3s, or I'm sure porsche would cater more to us. Until then, high-income non-drivers will keep watering down the sports car breed.

I'm not as upset about the PDK but the 20" center-lock wheels are the failure on that car. Nothing like buying a new car built for the track only to have to do a five lug swap and all associated parts in order to be able to track it.

too bad us poor competent-shifting types can't afford new GT3s, or I'm sure porsche would cater more to us. Until then, high-income non-drivers will keep watering down the sports car breed.

Lol, yeah pretty much. Isn't the take rate on Vettes w/autos like 70% almost?? It's a shame, I don't think manuals will die out for a while yet, but so many great cars while might be a bit faster are just being watered down for the driver, no fun at all in a car YOU don't drive, basically video games on wheels.

There's a video from evo magazine where they talk about < 100 millisecond shifts. Basically at full throttle you gain 1/2 car length per up shift.

TRUTH!!!

Yes a lot of us are about to extinct like the dinosaur like that tshirt says, and I'm fine with that, but I will will always know you didn't beat me without the help, and so will you.

That car looks tits though.

I'm assuming you prefer carburetion, bias ply tires, ignition points, etc......

When hydraulic steering, people lamented it...same for electronic steering relative to hydraulic now.....

PDK is the future and the future is now...Lament it all you wish but until you and all the people who are actually gonna buy these cars demand it, it won't happen....

Tough shit, window shopper

THIS. If they bore it out to 4.0L in the RS, that'd be pretty darn awesome

you gotta leave margin for higher-end models.....This is just a base GT3....991 GT3 RS will be more nuts

No more Metzger engine....on with the DFI

I don't see the problem...

I LOVE the car and if I were buying one, it would spend most of its time on the track where I want the PDK and fastest lap time possible. :fuckyeah:

That's like buying a Cobra Jet and complaining it comes with an auto... :lolguy: