Focus ST vs MS3 vs WRX

Aaron

• The new MS3's are fugly & are slower than gen 1s due to the changes in the 6spd.
  • They are still crippled in terms of boost and top end from the factory (easy cheap fix though)
  • Ford likely does have a better suspension set up
  • All said, I still enjoy the hell out of mine for what it is

Y'all can hate on the FST all you want, .97 lateral G is fucking NUTS for FWD. That's TTRS neighborhood :gabe:

If I gave you the stock tires on this car, you'd hate life..

Bring your ass out to Autox and show us the prowess of this beast. :gabe:

I wouldn't buy any of them. Since none of them launch or accelerate as fast as my Camaro they have to be good at something else that is fun like stepping the tail out and steering with the throttle.

and i just can't get into the whole Subi thing, driving them everyday at work I really don't like them even if they are a WRX or STI.

I wouldn't buy any of them. Since none of them launch or accelerate as fast as my Camaro they have to be good at something else that is fun like stepping the tail out and steering with the throttle.

and i just can't get into the whole Subi thing, driving them everyday at work I really don't like them even if they are a WRX or STI.

I agree, they aren't particularly thrilling, but among the car's listed, It's got a clear let up IMO.

I know, but how useable is 300whp in FWD when you can have the same amount of power and put it to the ground in every gear in the WRX.

Its not.

I had 275hp and 320tq in my GTI and it was useless in anything but dry, straight blasts in the upper half of second gear +

Rain, snow, salt, cold=useless vehicle

AWD all the way.

No hate for the ST here I just feel I'd be happier in the long run with a WRX especially if you plan on modding it.

I don't plan on doing any real modding until down the line. I have a feeling that Ford has really pushed this Ecoboost motor close to its' performance limit from factory. Guys on Focusst.org are already blowing up turbos with just bolt ons + cobb tunes. For the next few years, this car needs to be a realiable DD for me that will provide me with some smiles on the curvy roads.

If/when I decide to mod, a larger turbo will be first thing since, as someone said in my other thread, the k03 is already being pushed pretty hard. Also, I'd like some other people to sacrifice their cars to the tuning gods to find out what doesn't work before I start fiddling with it.

I owned a MS3, and I liked it, but the main reason I got it was because I couldn't afford a WRX STi. If money isn't an issue, I'd go WRX every day. Focus ST is ok, but I'd take the MS3 again over it.

Its not.

I had 275hp and 320tq in my GTI and it was useless in anything but dry, straight blasts in the upper half of second gear +

AWD all the way.

my srt had 270hp/337 tq and it spun a little in 1st dead hooks in 2nd and did just fine the rain ... maybe your faggy gti just sucked? Or maybe just driver error... with that being said, glad you moved up to something a little more user friendly and less driver skill. :lolguy:

hell I raced brian carter on 270 years ago and the same night was dig racing phil and brian carters brother.. when it was snowing its ass off haha

Its not.

AWD or RWD all the way.

Fixed :fuckyeah:

my srt had 270hp/337 tq and it spun a little in 1st dead hooks in 2nd and did just fine the rain ... maybe your faggy gti just sucked? Or maybe just driver error... with that being said, glad you moved up to something a little more user friendly and less driver skill. :lolguy:

hell I raced brian carter on 270 years ago and the same night was dig racing phil and brian carters brother.. when it was snowing its ass off haha

Sure, Paul, whatever you say. Unless you were running R comps or drag radials, I call BS. But then again, how can I expect you to remember that far back.....its been what, 2 years since you lost your balls?