Focus ST vs MS3 vs WRX

Aaron

Sure, Paul, whatever you say. Unless you were running R comps or drag radials, I call BS. But then again, how can I expect you to remember that far back.....its been what, 2 years since you lost your balls?

drag radials I ran at the track mostly but my street driving was some cheapo fusion hri's and even some blizzaks Its ok bud.

balls are still in tact hanging well swaying back and forth. Although got rid o the car still have the bike and skis son. Thanks for trying.

this could be the case, with massive amounts of turbo lag. I heard the Bigger turbo guys not having nearly the traction issues the k03 guys have because their powerband is 3k+, where as the k03s is basically right off idle.

Either way, your neon was clapped.

this could be the case, with massive amounts of turbo lag. I heard the Bigger turbo guys not having nearly the traction issues the k03 guys have because their powerband is 3k+, where as the k03s is basically right off idle.

Either way, your neon was clapped.

I've driven a K03 GTI with an APR Stage III on the street with some crappy tires, and soon as you hit the loud pedal the tires do nothing but spin ....it's stupid. If you ain't got dem meats on there(and probably a better suspension) it's pointless (IMO) to do a K03. You will learn to get really good at throttle modulation too.....

After getting bitten by the AWD bug and having owned a Gen 2 MS3 i can't say i'm supprised at the results. For a performance DD/AutoX the WRX is a good choice. Take that out of the mix for my own personal use i would get the MS3 over the ST. While the ST looks like, has compariable power, and a better tuned stock suspension. I do like the fact its been cheaped out and given a brake biased e-diff. I know how widely auto makers user it, but i've never driven a system with that when pushed didn't feel clumsy.

After getting bitten by the AWD bug and having owned a Gen 2 MS3 i can't say i'm supprised at the results. For a performance DD/AutoX the WRX is a good choice. Take that out of the mix for my own personal use i would get the MS3 over the ST. While the ST looks like, has compariable power, and a better tuned stock suspension. I do like the fact its been cheaped out and given a brake biased e-diff. I know how widely auto makers user it, but i've never driven a system with that when pushed didn't feel clumsy.

I disagree. I'd do the ST with a real LSD. Looks better x10, handles MUCH better supposedly, and will have big power potential, eventually too.

But as stated, I won't own another FWD car again.

I disagree. I'd do the ST with a real LSD. Looks better x10, handles MUCH better supposedly, and will have big power potential, eventually too.

^Agreed.

Picking which fwd car, is like picking which hot poker I would want to stick in my peehole. However, of said hot pokers, I would grab the ST.

If it had a real LSD then i'd have it. Because the at that point the ST becomes the best version of the MS3, available. Given that ford use the MS3 as a test bed for the DI motor they now call Ecoboost. The chassis is also the same Ford C1 platform. With the ST you would also get better interior & tech as well.

^Agreed.

Picking which fwd car, is like picking which hot poker I would want to stick in my peehole. However, of said hot pokers, I would grab the ST.

I'd prefer AWD over FWD, but if i had to choose i'd only get the ST if they offered a mechanical LSD from the factory.

When i was shopping around for my 09 wrx, i looked at alot of vehicles. Looked at civic si, golf gti, lancer ralliart, v6 mustang, ms3. I really wanted an sti but i couldnt afford it.

You made a good call. I would have liked a WRX but they way I am, I would have not settled for anything other than the STi and it was too pricey for what I wanted at the time. At the time the WRX was the lower powered 225hp or whatever it was and was more of a dog than I would have wanted.

In the end the deal about FWD, etc. is a bit over blown. Depends on how you drive I guess. I'm not doing full red line runs in rain or snow nor do I flog the shit out of it off the line.