Changes to the Mazda

Littleguy

Added a cf rear diffuser and cf sideskirts. Here are a couple of quick shots I took before the car was put away. Hopefully the car will be completely finished by next year!

http://www.newcelica.org/photopost/data/500/IMG_17451.jpg

http://www.newcelica.org/photopost/data/500/IMG_17471.jpg

Loving the way that's turning out, red on the FD's looks spot-on. Definitely lower it in the near future, and maybe add a rear lip spoiler, or the Spirit R rear wing? Awesome looking car overall, regardless, and definitely cool it's got the LS engine in it!

Loving the way that's turning out, red on the FD's looks spot-on. Definitely lower it in the near future, and maybe add a rear lip spoiler, or the Spirit R rear wing? Awesome looking car overall, regardless, and definitely cool it's got the LS engine in it!

Thanks! Lowering it more is in the plans but not right away, what will be done by next summer in order will be:

1. finish the top end of the motor (next month, currently it's a cam only car)

2. Custom exhaust (next month)

3. Decide on wheels (right now leaning towards some Advans)

4. New coilovers.

5. Big brakes.

For now I see myself staying without a spoiler, it just looks so clean without it and lets the wideness of the rear end be appreciated (at least by me lol).

Shine pieces I'm assuming? How hard was the install/fitting? Looks good.

Yes they are Shine pieces. The fitment on the parts was top notch, and the quality of the carbon fiber and the weave were very very good. The install was really surprisingly easy but I have to give lots of the credit for it to Shine making these products so well. I'll be installing my Sake Bomb headlights this weekend so I'll be sure to take some pictures of them on the car as well. I've got the package right here with me and they were well worth the 4 month wait.

it just looks so clean without it and lets the wideness of the rear end be appreciated (at least by me lol).

You and Robert Crumb ;)

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/944_Robert-Crumb-Exhibit948047_zpsed4a73b8.jpg

Good to hear the pieces fit well I've always liked that diffuser.

If you're looking at Advan XD-9s then you likely won't be able to do big brakes with them (in offsets that look good). I have Wilwood fronts and there was no way they were going to fit with them.

A Shine Feed hood, sides, and rear diffuser are on the list this year for mine. Good choice. Very clean!

Thanks! My friend got the pro rear diffuser (mine is the street), if that's the one you are going to get you should know that we can now all see his gas tank, lol.

If you're looking at Advan XD-9s then you likely won't be able to do big brakes with them (in offsets that look good). I have Wilwood fronts and there was no way they were going to fit with them.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll most likely go with the RGII's or just get some TE37's. As far as brakes, yeah, I've decided that I'm going to pick the wheels and offset that I want first and then design my suspension setup and brakes around the look I want for the car. I've looked into a couple of premade big brake kits but if there isn't an option I like or can use I'll just go custom.

Thanks! Lowering it more is in the plans but not right away, what will be done by next summer in order will be:

1. finish the top end of the motor (next month, currently it's a cam only car)

2. Custom exhaust (next month)

3. Decide on wheels (right now leaning towards some Advans)

4. New coilovers.

5. Big brakes.

For now I see myself staying without a spoiler, it just looks so clean without it and lets the wideness of the rear end be appreciated (at least by me lol).

It does definitely look sexy without the spoiler!

Thanks! My friend got the pro rear diffuser (mine is the street), if that's the one you are going to get you should know that we can now all see his gas tank, lol.

Well that sucks. That's good to know because I hadn't actually picked out the diffuser yet.

Dat 4x4 stance... :barf: Dem ricer body pieces :barf: :barf:

Better finish it off with unpainted carbon fiber hood and trunklid. :lolguy:

He's got more in those wheels than you do your entire Mazda. :fa:

Littleguy what width are they in the rear?

FD's always look lifted in the back. Stock suspention just really makes it stick out more.

I like the defuser. I have gone back and forth on adding it to mine, but haven't found any reviews for actual performance quality. I do like the look and have to assume it is more functional than stock set up.