someone please explain to me...

phil

He has put motors together for cars (the crx he was driving, I know of a srt4 neon he had his hands on), but he claims that he does more than he actually does.

that blue srt motor that he built was for his old buddy Jordan.And as I recall phil and I put a bus length or two on that probably 50 times with my bolt on srt :D .. sure did hurt his ego ALOT haha

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the blue srt that made less than the stock power after he "built" it :lol: i was around for that pile of fuckery. and the crx, that was a stock motor with an ebay turbo set up that never ran right? BUILT:yuno:

that blue srt motor that he built was for his old buddy Jordan.And as I recall phil and I put a bus length or two on that probably 50 times with my bolt on srt :D .. sure did hurt his ego ALOT haha

I said he put the engines together, I never said how well. :lolguy:

ive never in my life heard someone talk about building a car that can hang with Z06s, yet didnt manage to beat either one of us. he searched for an hour for nitrous on my car and always said that you had a big turbo but wouldnt tell anyone. the good ol days. Still doesnt beat when you me and scott raced on 70...

Hmmm curious. So a shop did a RHS engine swap with a aps TT kit on a vette and tune it.. Did the shop build that car or just upgraded it?

modded the car, the car is still in the same piece, then its modded. if the chassis is different then you can say you built the car. then again, aj said his camaro restoration is modded so my previous statement could be voided as well.

He has put motors together for cars (the crx he was driving, I know of a srt4 neon he had his hands on), but he claims that he does more than he actually does.

ive never in my life heard someone talk about building a car that can hang with Z06s, yet didnt manage to beat either one of us. he searched for an hour for nitrous on my car and always said that you had a big turbo but wouldnt tell anyone. the good ol days. Still doesnt beat when you me and scott raced on 70...

miss the good oll days

So because I pulled the crank of my new engine, built the fuel system, did body/ suspension mods,drivetrain mods, engine swap, interior mods. Would I be consider apart of the cool guys that build their car? Or am I still just modding my car?

So because I pulled the crank of my new engine, built the fuel system, did body/ suspension mods,drivetrain mods, engine swap, interior mods. Would I be consider apart of the cool guys that build their car? Or am I still just modding my car?

You're considered a potato.

i wasnt trying to bring you into this, hence why i said i wasnt talking about you cause i didnt wanna turn it into another 40 pgs of shitting on you. to simply answer, no you are modding your car. yes its exstensive, but it is no where near the amount of work aj is putting in his camaro, if he says his is still modding then guess what, you are just modding.

Why did you pull the Crank out to assemble a Fuel System?

You just modded taxpayer dollars.....that is all.

Only people who "build" cars are chassis shops. Saying you "built" the engine means you put it together, meaning short and long block. Anything else you do to a car is just "modding". That's just my opinion, except for my first statement. That shit is fact.

You just modded taxpayer dollars.....that is all.

Only people who "build" cars are chassis shops. Saying you "built" the engine means you put it together, meaning short and long block. Anything else you do to a car is just "modding". That's just my opinion, except for my first statement. That shit is fact.

this man gets it.

I used to work for Chrysler and GM so by these definitions, we did not build cars. We brought in castings, machined and then assembled them. Same for many of the parts, they are all sourced from suppliers so I guess that is considered modding cars too.

On the other hand, we did press some of the sheet metal so I guess that part counts as building. I don't remember exactly what we did raw manufacture vs. what we outsourced though.

I will argue that modding and building the car is completely different.. When you build a car for a purpose even though you are just buying "kits" and stuff per built by professionals it's far different than adding bolt-ons.. You can "mod a car all you want but if you don't do your research and just slap shit together it won't be worth a damn. Say I build my car for standing mile and Mexico.That same suspension, gearing will be worth a shit in the 1/4 as if I built the car for a 1/4. Car would handle for shit but go fast in a 1/4.. It's like saying, I modded my car for the 1/4. Or I modded my car for the standing mile. Doesn't sound right. I think basic mods are bolt ons and excessive mods are in the catagory of building because your building it for a purpose.

I swear, you two could be brothers.

I would be honored.

I just might accept his bro proposal this time.

When I first met you, I saw a sparkle in your eye that meant determination and success. Even though we have been through many good times, there have been some bad times to which I may have regrets on, but I feel that If we move on with our lives, we can be a very happy Brothers for now and for the future. I am proposing you as I believe it is the right time to do so and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I am determined to make this brothership last and I will make sure that all of the troubles we have and may experienced will not affect our relationship. With you I want to travel to various locations across the world. Life is too short and I want to fulfill everything with you. I am joyful and happy when I am with you. With the time we have been together, you have very much made my life worth living. I am very happy and I love my life to the fullest. Jones I love you so much and I want be with you day in and day out. With lots of brotherly love.

Patterson

While I agree with what's said, I once built a plane out of Legos. I didn't form the Legos themselves but that plane was ballin'.

What about construction? I can "build" a house without forming all of the components. Would this term not be the same for "building" a vehicle?

In construction you are using raw materials to build something to spec. You cut, trim, nail, mud, sand, paint, etc. in order to take a pile of sticks and BUILD a house. (most, if not all could be considered skilled trades)

For you Lego's, did you take a bunch of generic Lego's and build an airplane, or did you buy a Lego Airplane kit and follow the instructions? One of those I would consider assembly and the other I would call building.

There is a fine line between building and assembling, but I would usually give someone credit for building something if it took a good bit of ingenuity to accomplish.

I used to work for Chrysler and GM so by these definitions, we did not build cars. We brought in castings, machined and then assembled them. Same for many of the parts, they are all sourced from suppliers so I guess that is considered modding cars too.

On the other hand, we did press some of the sheet metal so I guess that part counts as building. I don't remember exactly what we did raw manufacture vs. what we outsourced though.

This is one of those fine line I mentioned above. You took raw materials and built/i] a car. Then again, it's called an assembly plant because that's where all the finished components are brought together. But a lot of the jobs could be considered skilled trades and there is always some re-work that has to be done since not all parts fit together the same way. Then again, each person has a small job, which contributes to the final product; if you installed the dashboard did you build the car? That's a toughie, but I give the hat tip to skilled trades.

Most people would agree that I "built" my Camaro, put the engine together, installed everything, and tuned it, but I don't use the terms "custom" or "built" to describe it. Personally I think those terms are played out as I've met so many people who aren't my type of car guy who use that to describe anything thats been touched on their car.

Closest I come to this is when someone asks what I've done to my car and my response is simply that I built an engine for it, and it has gone 10s with nitrous. Most people are smart enough to know there are lots of other things that had to be messed with, but going into great detail is something a ricer would do.