GM Wiper TS

harmonda

Hey guys. I'm trying to trace a problem with the rear wiper on my fiance's 2006 Pontiac Montana SV6. It doesn't operate at all. I went to check the fuse and found it has a diode. (delphi part#121335037). I have no clue how these operate or how to check a diode. If I run over to the part store will they have these diodes on hand? do they fail like a fuse? I was thinking of just replacing it since it is so easy. Then start the process of checking the wire run starting with where it enters the body from the rear hatch. Any tips would be appreciated.

This is where I would check also. These rear wiper motors are known for failure.

Yeah I've replaced a few rear wiper motors and front motors on the Chevy vans.

I would check power at motor first before tracing wiring. Always check basics first.

Is there power at the plug in on the wiper motor?

This is where I would check also. These rear wiper motors are known for failure.

Came here to post just this, check for power and ground to determine if the motor is bad. I bet the motor is bad.