Import Face Off -- Save the date -- April 21, 2013

Doc1647545523

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a blast at our little autocross course today. It was a challenge trying to cram a somewhat fun course into the corner of the lot, but we made it work. I only had to kick out 2 guys for being idiots on course, which is about 10 less than I thought :)

It really started to pick up around lunchtime all the way until 4pm. I think I did about 100 runs in my car throughout the day giving rides and just having fun (had a 1/2 tank of gas when I got there and 14 miles until empty when I left).....Was busy all day so I didn't get to see any of the grudge matches or show cars.

Hope everyone had fun today.

That was fricken awesome.

Had a mini line forming for rides in the beetle had to go back and buy more tickets.

Really hoping it turned a few more people onto AutoX locally.

Damn I guess I should've drug my ass out there.

Damn I guess I should've drug my ass out there.

Dude, it was pretty much all you can eat runs, for 3 for $10.

And a bunch of kids that want to ride along that have never done it. I dropped the clutch at 5k so many times today and they turned purple, told friends and friends needed a ride.

Dude, it was pretty much all you can eat runs, for 3 for $10.

And a bunch of kids that want to ride along that have never done it. I dropped the clutch at 5k so many times today and they turned purple, told friends and friends needed a ride.

DAMMIT I wanna ride in the superbeetle! LOL

Kale, I didn't know who was driving as the "guest" driver. Just so Jones' can't steal the spotlight...:lol: Took this video as well. If I make it out to another event I'll bring the good camera and snag some pictures and video!

Also as a sidenote, I expected the Beetle to be quick, but not that quick. Thing was freaking insane.

Kale, I didn't know who was driving as the "guest" driver. Just so Jones' can't steal the spotlight...:lol: Took this video as well. If I make it out to another event I'll bring the good camera and snag some pictures and video!

Also as a sidenote, I expected the Beetle to be quick, but not that quick. Thing was freaking insane.

The first one you posted was my run. 17.8 kale went 17.7 the bastage.

That was my first time on an auto-x course and it was a blast! I got to drive my buddies stock 05 GT and my best of 3 runs was a 21.2.. some of you guys were moving out!

Hope you come out some additional events this year, it's a blast.

Plus, it's free to go faster!

In general, I think it was a pretty good day. I saw over 30 CR members scattered among the spectators, racers, autocrossers, and car show participants.

JP should have a great story about stalling at the tree, leaving late, and then running down the car in the other lane. I would pay cash money for anyone who got a photo from later with Antwon, Linn, and I pushing his car through the lot when it stalled and wouldn't restart.

Thanks for all of those who used the coupons to save on admission. They honored the $2 off for spectators, but did not honor the discount posted online for $5 off for racers and car show. :fuuuu: I'll later post the kickback check which will be donated to CR.

I'm hoping Kevin and Mojoe will post some car show photos. I didn't keep track of the CR trophies, but The Buster won best undercarriage. The Viewt took Best "Other Import," probably a fitting category. ;)

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/Dscn0802_zpscdc819fc.jpg

Mark your calendars now for the next IFO June 23 at Kilkare.

That was me driving ^^ :lolguy: I can tell because I saw the 17.717 on the timing board at the end of the video....Plus my driving is just a little smoother than Jones, but we're working on that with him :masturboy: (thanks for the vid, btw)

The first video that Jones posted was Jones driving because you can hear me yell 'YES!' at the end of the video because he was the only one (aside from the instructors) to dip into the 17's all day.....So proud of our little 'Jonesy' :fa:

That was my first time on an auto-x course and it was a blast! I got to drive my buddies stock 05 GT and my best of 3 runs was a 21.2.. some of you guys were moving out!

Awesome, glad you had fun! Just picture that course, but we get to use the WHOLE lot we were in yesterday.....Just a little more fun that way.

Here's an example of a course on the whole lot....(the lot we used for IFO is from about the 0:43-0:52 in the vid below)

Is there a schedule of places you guys are gonna be at?

Our next event is a two day divisional at OSU Ackerman. This is an event where we host an event for all the regions around us to come attend and it's kind of a like a 'who's the best region' grudge match. Will be a very competitive and fun weekend. We will more than likely have some type of socializer Saturday night at OSU (like a cookout or catered dinner like BBQ or something). They are always a good time, and GREAT cars and drivers that these events.

Schedule --> http://www.ovr-scca.org/_autocross/schedules.asp

Facebook page --> https://www.facebook.com/pages/OVR-SCCA-Solo-Racing/173843905968586

Edited by bmwohio

That was me driving ^^ :lolguy: I can tell because I saw the 17.717 at the end of the video....Plus my driving is just a little smoother than Jones, but we're working on that with him :masturboy: .

The first video that Jones posted was Jones driving because you can hear me yell 'YES!' at the end of the video because he was the only one (aside from the instructors) to dip into the 17's all day.....So proud of our little 'Jonesy' :fa:

Awe. Congrats Jones ;)

The whole day was great cars lined up to get in for a solid 2 hours after tech at 11. The track was hooking like mad to, way better track prep than past.

A few others and myself disagree with that statement. Even though I'm a domestic guy it was a good show. Lots of cool cars. Got to catch up with some good friends I haven't seen in a while.

A few others and myself disagree with that statement. Even though I'm a domestic guy it was a good show. Lots of cool cars. Got to catch up with some good friends I haven't seen in a while.

I only got to see your mustang run once and it. Looked like it hooked decent.

In general, I think it was a pretty good day. I saw over 30 CR members scattered among the spectators, racers, autocrossers, and car show participants.

JP should have a great story about stalling at the tree, leaving late, and then running down the car in the other lane. I would pay cash money for anyone who got a photo from later with Antwon, Linn, and I pushing his car through the lot when it stalled and wouldn't restart.

Thanks for all of those who used the coupons to save on admission. They honored the $2 off for spectators, but did not honor the discount posted online for $5 off for racers and car show. :fuuuu: I'll later post the kickback check which will be donated to CR.

I'm hoping Kevin and Mojoe will post some car show photos. I didn't keep track of the CR trophies, but The Buster won best undercarriage. The Viewt took Best "Other Import," probably a fitting category. ;)

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/Dscn0802_zpscdc819fc.jpg

Mark your calendars now for the next IFO June 23 at Kilkare.

I'm sure we were the last people he expected to walk up and start pushing the car. :)