Riding Jacket Q's

KillJoy

I am going to be purchasing a Riding Jack here in the next few days. Are there any to stay away from?

The one I am considering is THIS one. I do not know how it stacks in the realm of Riding Jackets and would like some advice. I would be adding the Back Armor as well.

Previously, I never wore one, but recent developments have changed my views on this.

KillJoy

I've never understood why Harley guys have to get a jacket that says Harley on it. Especially when they can get higher quality jacket for alot less money.

Dont mind me, just thinking out loud

I like the looks of it. :confused:

Can you recommend a jacket of equal looks that does NOT say Harley Davidson on it? I am sure it would knock $100 off the price tag!

KillJoy

LOL. ^^^ true.

You try anything on at Iron PoNy?

It's not all about looks. You can have the hottest jacket but if it doesn't fit right it won't do the job it was designed to do.

LOL. ^^^ true.

You try anything on at Iron PoNy?

It's not all about looks. You can have the hottest jacket but if it doesn't fit right it won't do the job it was designed to do.

Nope..... but it looks like I might be stopping by on Sat, after the CR Meet at Cup of Joes.

:cool:

Unless..... I impulse buy and pick it up after work tomorrow :D

KillJoy

IP has some nice leather coats that are a bit plainer and may be better suited to the nightster. Try the First Classics line, They have nice jackets. I have the Euro Cruiser, I think it was like $230 and I'm pretty happy with it. There are some other styles that are nice too. But don't but the envy glasses and the coat, we show up to an event together and we might look like douches.

I have no objection to those, but they are all more expensive.

Why are they "better" choices?

KillJoy

they are leather. your jacket was priced @ $295 and those are all like <$350

edit:

I'm sure IP has some good stuff on clearance too, just make sure it's leather :)

OK..... I am heading to IP tomorrow afterwork (I leave work at 5).

If anyone would like to meet me there and educumate me, I would not be against it :D

I will be stopping at Farrow's on Thursday Evening, and looking as well.

A decision will be made Friday evening.

KillJoy

vanson makes some excellent jackets. a bit pricey, however.

you can try denniskirk.com and look in their outlet section. i've found some good deals there in the past.

not up to date on the cruiser-oriented riding gear, so good luck with your search.