2014 CTS gets TT V6

Mallard

Just announced details of the 2014 CTS engines. Base 320 HP 3.6L, optional 420 HP 430 lb-ft Twin turbo DI V6. Zero to 60 in 4.6 seconds. Hell yes. No details on the V yet.

It's also making its way into the XTS, but with 410/370.

That would be a solid package.

480hp ATS-V with this turbo6 and a manual, for what, 50k?

Probably not, but it would be nice. The ATS I have been driving around stickered at $56+k and it's not fully loaded.

Edited by Mallard

I read this on Autoblog: Cadillac Confirms 420-Hp Twin-Turbo V6

The specs are nice but i watched some of the videos of the engines setup and it has two relatively small intercoolers for each turbo covered up on top of the motor. While this will surely make for a compact, responsive engine. I wonder how it keeps from heat soaking worse than a STI or MS3. From the animations i couldn't tell if it had a water to air setup or not.

Engine Build Animation

TT Airflow Animation

I read this on Autoblog: Cadillac Confirms 420-Hp Twin-Turbo V6

The specs are nice but i watched some of the videos of the engines setup and it has two relatively small intercoolers for each turbo covered up on top of the motor. While this will surely make for a compact, responsive engine. I wonder how it keeps from heat soaking worse than a STI or MS3. From the animations i couldn't tell if it had a water to air setup or not.

Engine Build Animation

TT Airflow Animation

They are Air to water VS air/air.

Working very well for Audi/Bmw/Merc.....