Chili...

RC K9

what kind do you guys and gals like?

Made some on Saturday after being inspired by Patterson. Meat is 1/2 Bison, 1/2 grass fed beef.

All kinds of bell peppers, some jalapenos, obvious spices, different beans, etc.

Spent 8hrs simmering on Saturday. Had some Saturday, Sunday, and just now for lunch. Like a fine wine, the more time the goes by, the better it gets. Unlike a fine wine though, it causes me to break an exceptional amount of wind. I been ripping butt for 3 days now. Wife wakes up gagging telling me I smell foul.

Good times.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=708&pictureid=7039

My chili is very simple, and I have never met 1 person who didn't like it.

2 lbs of ground beef or ground turkey (literally no taste difference in this), browned

1 large Can of Kidney Beans

1 medium to large Onion

1 large can of tomato paste

1 can of chili powder (its not too much, trust me. I hate hot chili.)

Add enough water to almost cover everything

Also gets better every day you eat it.

One of my old roommates tried to replicate it, and then tried to doctor it up with other spices. Failed so hard he threw the entire batch out.

My chili is very simple, and I have never met 1 person who didn't like it.

2 lbs of ground beef or ground turkey (literally no taste difference in this), browned

1 large Can of Kidney Beans

1 medium to large Onion

1 large can of tomato paste

1 can of chili powder (its not too much, trust me. I hate hot chili.)

Add enough water to almost cover everything

Also gets better every day you eat it.

One of my old roommates tried to replicate it, and then tried to doctor it up with other spices. Failed so hard he threw the entire batch out.

Almost the same except I throw in some spicy sausage in too and tomato juice instead of water

My wife does a cream cheese chicken chili in our crock pot that is money.

-block of cream cheese.

-two frozen chicken breast.

-can of Mexicorn

-can of Rotel tomatoes

-Can of black beans

-hot sauce to taste

Having it Tuesday night. Can't wait.

what kind do you guys and gals like?

Made some on Saturday after being inspired by Patterson. Meat is 1/2 Bison, 1/2 grass fed beef.

All kinds of bell peppers, some jalapenos, obvious spices, different beans, etc.

Spent 8hrs simmering on Saturday. Had some Saturday, Sunday, and just now for lunch. Like a fine wine, the more time the goes by, the better it gets. Unlike a fine wine though, it causes me to break an exceptional amount of wind. I been ripping butt for 3 days now. Wife wakes up gagging telling me I smell foul.

Good times.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=708&pictureid=7039

Mental note......

Do not ride with RC for a few days lol.

I have a nice recipe. Not sure what all it calls for but makes it more thick in consistency. Bean based.

I also made a crock full of chili on Saturday. I used chili powder, lots of garlic and lots of onion, pinto beans, dark and light red kidney beans (all beans undrained), 4 lbs ground beef ( I like meaty chili) tomato paste, and tomato sauce. I would normaly add green and red peppers but some people don't like the peppers. I cooked on low for 5 hours and then simmered on warm for an additional 5 hours. I have been eating nothing but chili since saturday afternoon. Like RC, no one wants to be around me.

Carroll Shelby's recipe is GREAT: http://www.food.com/recipe/carroll-shelbys-chili-185564

I've got a friend from Louisiana who is a true Creole swamp boy...he does a crawdad and gator gumbo that is AMAZING...he says add pintos and black beans with less beer, and it makes a good chili too. I'll see if he'll part with a recipe.

I've got a friend from Louisiana who is a true Creole swamp boy...he does a crawdad and gator gumbo that is AMAZING...he says add pintos and black beans with less beer, and it makes a good chili too. I'll see if he'll part with a recipe.

I use my great grandma's gumbo recipe and make it with goose meat. AH-MAZ-ING

Who says we can't have a new thread? My recipe has probably changed 4 times in the last 2 years.

I like to use beets in mine :megusta: always with a bean and crushed tomato base though. Also, chorizo.

nothing wrong with it. just figured I'd like to the old one from 3 years ago. My recipie hasn't changed much at all. I change it up randomly depending on how hot I want it.

I bet your house is full of smellz.

Yup. My wife has informed me how foul our house smells every day now. I think our bedroom permanently smells like that...it has seeped into the walls.