Insurance claim help

Jewtoys

The front clamshell of my car has a monster crack in it from either the dealer when it was worked on or the tow company. It's hard to say which one for sure caused it? But I'm obviously able to file a claim against my own insurance company.

Well they took a look and just want to repair it. I'm not willing to accept that being repaired and maybe having the paint match, etc. The car was mint prior and I feel it should be returned back to being mint, not trying to repair the monster crack that's split all the way through the clam.I have never had to file a claim before, what is my best option at this point? I really don't want to call a attorney but they are trying to cut the check to have it repaired only..

Post a picture. They won't replace something that is repairable or repair something that warrants replacement, at least if they are a reputable shop. With a proper repair you'll never be able to tell it was damaged. Also, your point about the paint not matching is moot because whether its repaired or replaced it will need painted. Edited by Bam

Like said previously, get some pictures in here. There are enough people on this forum to tell you if it can be repaired or not. Keep in mind your insurance company will return the vehicle to its pre-accident condition. If that can be done by repairing, by all means that is what they will do.

Are you planning on doing this work yourself or having a shop do it?

I had it settled the same day, took a few calls.

To have it repaired which I wasn't going to accept, as I didn't cause the damage. The repair they quoted $1,300 the body shop I took it to quoted the replacement at $8,500

They cut me a check for the $8,500

No, because you opted to ding your insurance for 500% more than needed to fix a bumper.

The bumper is all one piece. The front clamshell of the car that is.

I didn't cause the crack the dealer did or the tow company, so my insurance will be going after them anyways. I wasn't going to accept them making a repair to a thick long crack that I had nothing to do with. Maybe on a a car I don't care about, but not something I take care of.

The bumper is all one piece. The front clamshell of the car that is.

I didn't cause the crack the dealer did or the tow company, so my insurance will be going after them anyways. I wasn't going to accept them making a repair to a thick long crack that I had nothing to do with. Maybe on a a car I don't care about, but not something I take care of.

I agree, I had an issue with a car wash and my front bumper. They wanted to repair the entire bottom half and I said no. It wasn't "repaired" before, you will fix it like it was prior to being damaged.

Seems high on price, but my SRT bumper was 2k to replace

I agree, I had an issue with a car wash and my front bumper. They wanted to repair the entire bottom half and I said no. It wasn't "repaired" before, you will fix it like it was prior to being damaged.

Seems high on price, but my SRT bumper was 2k to replace

I would have worked with the dealer if they weren't dicks. My cars oil cooler exploded on the highway and almost killed me. It's a recall so they took care of it for free. The whole time I was told the clam had to come off which is why it took them two days, as soon as I noticed the cracked clam they claimed it was never off. They tried to back pedal on everything they said and pointed the finger at the tow company... I watched the car bein loaded and unloaded and pretty sure I would have noticed them cause the crack.

Yeah $8,500 is insane but I don't put the price on parts