More pics of my truck

Tractor

Its pretty much completed, just a few little mods and maintenance I'd like to do. I'll probably make the stencils for the trailers unit markings and paint them on this week.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/IMG_16611_zpsc62401aa.jpg

A quick and dirty HDR shot due to facing the sun and not wanting to reposition the truck

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/M35A2HDR2_zps809346ab.jpg

It's a thing of beauty. :megusta:

If I owned that rig, I don't think I could resist the urge to bring it (trailer and all) to a highbrow autocross event with numbers on the doors, just to see the reaction from the event organizers.

It's a thing of beauty. :megusta:

If I owned that rig, I don't think I could resist the urge to bring it (trailer and all) to a highbrow autocross event with numbers on the doors, just to see the reaction from the event organizers.

Wilmington maybe?

At that price if its in decent shape thats getting to be a bargain. There has been a run on them in the last couple years between people buying them for prepping and people buying them to remove the third axle and make a 4x4. At the same time the army has pretty much ran out of good ones to auction. They go for more than that right out of govliquidation.com and now you can barely find one complete and/or running. Very few collectors are selling right now.

At that price if its in decent shape thats getting to be a bargain. There has been a run on them in the last couple years between people buying them for prepping and people buying them to remove the third axle and make a 4x4. At the same time the army has pretty much ran out of good ones to auction. They go for more than that right out of govliquidation.com and now you can barely find one complete and/or running. Very few collectors are selling right now.

Yeah, there's a guy I know that bobs them and he's pretty much stopped taking orders since he can't get good enough deals on ones to overhaul.

Yeah, there's a guy I know that bobs them and he's pretty much stopped taking orders since he can't get good enough deals on ones to overhaul.

It used to be a pretty good deal, you could pick up a truck from the .gov for around $1500, bob it, sell the extra axle and bed to pay for the bob and guys would pay more towards $6-8K for the finished product.

Would be cool to have a 5ton, but a lot of draw backs too, ie needing air bag endorsement. Also its a 23k lb truck empty so a real mess if you get stuck in some mud. Mine has the bigger LDS multifuel engine and gets 8-10mpg. Good news is you can filter waste oil and run it as a 50/50 mix with diesel for a cost equivalent to 16-20mpg so not real bad for a huge truck, just messy making your own fuel.

• 2 weeks later...

Got around to making the stencils and putting the numbers back on the trailer. All thats left now is to finish the spray on bedliner and finish painting the tongue and put a few "Lift Here", "Tie Down" stencils near the lift points. So busy, I'll probably get around to that in a few weeks.

If I get time I'll move it out of my garage for some photos this weekend.