Fishing Season is Officially in!

Benner

does it eat good like walleye? (im assuming its somewhat similar since its a hybrid breed). i don't dislike fish, but theres only a few i really like, and even fewer i can actually cook. walleye is one :)

if so, i might have to swing up the road to your place next time im over at my dads. also have to see your new baby since i haven't seen you in a while.

I think Saugeye are very similar to Walleye in taste, my dad has both in his freezer and I never notice the difference.

I know my dad is almost ready, just got his boat back from the shop rewiring it after a short fried the main harness and installed new gps, fish finder, radio and everything.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ps if anyone likes to eat fish pm i have way too much frozen at this point.

If I lived in OH I would hit you up. I haven't had fresh caught fish (mountain stream caught trout from PA) in 2 years. Its been even longer for walleye, perch, and bluegill.

• 3 weeks later...
Anything new here?

We're still stuck in March as far as the fish are concerned. These next 4 days are going to work wonders for the bite. By this time next weekend it should be on just about everywhere.

Anything new here?

Anyone fish the dublin area? I would like to put the boat out on the scioto but I haven't had the greatest of luck there. I like the idea because its close to me. I would like to do some small mouth hunting.

I do quite a bit but do not have a boat. I am stuck on the bank unfortunately and am primarily a bass fisherman. There are some good bass spots in Dublin that most don't know about or are not fished much. I don't know anywhere with smallmouth bass heavy because of my lack of a boat.

Pavo

I do quite a bit but do not have a boat. I am stuck on the bank unfortunately and am primarily a bass fisherman. There are some good bass spots in Dublin that most don't know about or are not fished much. I don't know anywhere with smallmouth bass heavy because of my lack of a boat.

Pavo

I have a boat but no spots and i love bass fishing. Show me some good holes and ill provide the live well that floats.

I spent a few hours at Hoover and the bite is ON! In maybe 2.5 hours I caught over 40. Started out with minnows, but when the gar showed up, I switched to a pink plastic twister & black jig head on a jig spinner. I was catching the larger ones on this setup. Actually got my personal best on that setup.

First cast yielded my first crappie of the season.

945572_10152858008185651_20462705_n.jpg

942105_10152858007900651_283464843_n.jpg

941710_10152858007675651_1612417405_n.jpg

321448_10152858006820651_1982852332_n.jpg

I have two. My sit inside is a Perception Carolina 14.5'. My sit on top (pictured) is an older 13.5' Wilderness System "The Ride". I got the SOT last year and really like the openness of it. Outdoor Source has a Thursday evening kayak demo every week which is perfect for trying different makes & models.

So I had been seeing this guy in our pond for the last couple weeks. Water was still pretty cold for him and he wasn't interested in much. Tonight he wanted a rattling hoopla popper. 14" and almost 2 lbs. Fun fish.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l284/dsnowgod/8711CBC4-2030-4EEF-9A97-E4D196BE0E18-793-0000006B3F9EB18D_zps67b6004e.jpg

I was at hoover last night. That little pond or whatever inlet behind the docks.

I present.. jaws. My first fish this year. (and for quite some time).. I need a f'n boat.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk314/buck531/jaws_zps26e5a64d.jpg

Nice bass Joe. Good to see the evening top water action is coming alive too.

Not a bad looking bluegill. Get the first one under your belt, and the rest of the season should get going starting this weekend.

Speaking of which, for those that don't have your license, this weekend is a Free Fishing Days, which means Saturday & Sunday are both free to fish without a license.