Let us talk Traxxas

thorne

So for my birthday I'm picking up a R/C Truck and I'm torn between the Slash4x4 and the Stampede 4x4. Since we have a bunch of RC guys on here I was hoping for some suggestions.

Or other similar trucks that will do the same thing.

I'm also considering the Rally 1:10th

Get the slash if you want new. If you are OK with used we can find you some nice setups.

I've been looking and haven't seen any I'm going over to Hurricane tomorrow since its across the street from work and "LOOKING" at trucks with a wad of cash in my wallet.....

My only reason for leaning towards new is my buddy bought one of CL and the motor went out that day. Now he's in for more then a new one would have costed. Where are you guys going to play at?

Also do you Bash or Race or a combo?

I would only buy off of RC.net if I were buying a running vehicle and not a roller. Most people on RCtech take care of their stuff. They are all nerds like Keith who wash/clean their rigs every time they take tem out.

We will probably find a place to do speed runs as well as boating somewhere on the north side of town.

Mostly just bashing and speed runs/drag races.

I would prefer we carve out a track and race but no one ever wants to....

Go check out CRCRC (http://www.crcrc.com) this friday at the Hilliard Fairgrounds, even more so if you want to get into racing. A 4x4 slash is a great cheap way to get your feet wet, but like real race cars it depends on how deep you want to go.

I finally got my SC10 out a couple of weeks ago and did pretty well. I might hit a few outdoor tracks this summer...

Sadly I've got a car to tune friday evening, BTW what time are you meeting saturday I'ev got a car to do then also. But I really wanna come out and check out my options.

So far I've only driven the STampede 4x4 .

I would only buy off of RC.net if I were buying a running vehicle and not a roller. Most people on RCtech take care of their stuff. They are all nerds like Keith who wash/clean their rigs every time they take tem out.

We will probably find a place to do speed runs as well as boating somewhere on the north side of town.

Mostly just bashing and speed runs/drag races.

I would prefer we carve out a track and race but no one ever wants to....

Well I live in dublin within walking distance of home depot. I have a descent sized field behind my house to play in. Right now I've been flying my AR Drone back there.

My only reason for leaning towards new is my buddy bought one of CL and the motor went out that day. Now he's in for more then a new one would have costed. Where are you guys going to play at?

Also do you Bash or Race or a combo?

Gotta go to hobbyking.com to buy Chinese motors and esc. They are cheap and last just as long as the good stuff.