Accident reports and massive amounts of calls.

Trouble Maker

Long story short my wife was hit on Monday. She’s ok and the other person was at fault. Police came out, filed a report.

This morning she’s gotten over a dozen calls and 1 text message on her cell phone, presumably from body shops, ambulance chasers, one of them was a chiropractor. She even got a VM from an advocacy group telling her she would be getting a lot of calls. I assume the report gets filed at the end of Monday, is available sometime on Tuesday or Wednesday morning for public record, these people pick them up and start bombarding with calls on Wednesday.

Is this legal; would being on the do not call list help? Basically, is there any way to get this to stop other than ignoring them until they go away? I imagine with as persistent as these people could be that could take a while. She was hit about 3.5 years ago and I don’t remember this happening then, has something changed since then?

Long story short my wife was hit on Monday. She’s ok and the other person was at fault. Police came out, filed a report.

This morning she’s gotten over a dozen calls and 1 text message on her cell phone, presumably from body shops, ambulance chasers, one of them was a chiropractor. She even got a VM from an advocacy group telling her she would be getting a lot of calls. I assume the report gets filed at the end of Monday, is available sometime on Tuesday or Wednesday morning for public record, these people pick them up and start bombarding with calls on Wednesday.

Is this legal; would being on the do not call list help? Basically, is there any way to get this to stop other than ignoring them until they go away? I imagine with as persistent as these people could be that could take a while. She was hit about 3.5 years ago and I don’t remember this happening then, has something changed since then?

Same thing happend to me after I got hit last year. After about the 3 or 4th call I just started fucking with the people who called me.

It became a game to see how much I could fuck with them :gabe:

I realize it doesn't help since it already happened this time, but once she gave her number to the cop, it became part of the public record, no call list or not. I'm sure most people would have done the same.

I never give out my cell number to companies or agencies, even when their little webpage says "MANDATORY!1!!!!"... :)

Ask them if they get paid unless you get paid. I'd then tell them Kevin Kurgis is my brother in-law or some shit.

Kevin Kurgis always gets paid. You don't get a Miranova apartment full of Russian hookers by not getting paid.

I'm with the guys that just say you're already working with someone. The people making the calls are just low level drones that don't care if you play games or not. Save your time and theirs.

Shit sucks, on top of the accident sucking. Glad she's ok.

Thanks, me too! :)

Even better news, I thought the car might be totaled but its fixable. She for some reason loves the car so she would have been upset had it been totaled. We are also looking to replace my car soon, but not hers so that would have thrown a small kink into that plan.

2003 Hyundai elantra with 150kmi. Front right fender, hood and bumper cover are gone. Estimate right now is $2.7k for the fix so I'm sure it was relatively close to being totaled. Should be out of body going to paint today or tomorrow.

Thanks, me too! :)

Even better news, I thought the car might be totaled but its fixable. She for some reason loves the car so she would have been upset had it been totaled. We are also looking to replace my car soon, but not hers so that would have thrown a small kink into that plan.

2003 Hyundai elantra with 150kmi. Front right fender, hood and bumper cover are gone. Estimate right now is $2.7k for the fix so I'm sure it was relatively close to being totaled. Should be out of body going to paint today or tomorrow.

When my Jeep was side swiped they cut me a check for $3100 and that was for a 98 cherokee.

Wait wait, no story to go with this? :yuno:

Cliff Notes version? Bunch of geese all over both sides of the road, van stopped for them in front of me, honking his horn at the geese. I got out of my car to get them out of the way, and he stomped the gas and ran me down when I was in front of him. Sore knees, scrapes and bruises, but I saw him coming at the last instant and squared up. Took out his grill, headlight, destroyed his hood, took off one windshield wiper, and shattered his windshield. He took off, but there were witnesses and he got caught a couple miles away. Tried to claim his van was stolen, but since he was IN IT WHEN THEY CAUGHT HIM....