2004 and up Grand Prix GTP and GXP. Thinking of getting one.

Ackbar00

I used to run an open cone on my 97 GTP, allways seemed to work good. I made my own cone setup on this one, and seemed to run like shit after the car got warm. So I just drilled the stock airbox and put it back on with a K&N stock replacement. Should be plenty of air for what I am using it for.

I have a Diablo InTune for it. Of course, I am waiting on them to add my VIN for support, hopefully that will be here soon. Biggest thing I hate about the car is the Displacement on Demad. Kicks in very often and just makes the car feel like hell. Pretty much the first thing I am tuning out of it.

Im doing everything I can do to help the trans. I put a 16 pass derale trans cooler with a fan, a remote trans filter setup, replaced the stock trans filter and put synthetic Dex 6 in it. Plus I do all the trans tuning tricks. Im hopefull, but not optimistic.

I can't remember if my DHP does 05 cars or not. You're welcome to it if you wanted to play around with the tune. As far as intake I'd just stick a cone on the end of the intake tube. I can't remember.. is this one S/C or did it get the lsx motor?

5.3l LS4

The trans will be fine as long as you don't go all fast and furious on it at every stop light.

Unfortunately not the case with the GXP. Not sure WTF GM forgot to do right but if this car has the original tranny it's one of the few I have seen. I only tacked mine once for two passes and while I did enjoy it on the road I never flogged the shit out of it regularly. It was slipping at 16k. The boards are filled with issues. It was sad early on to see so many having problems.

I had an '04 (bought it new... owned it until 80k) I went through 5 (YES 5!) transmissions in that thing... I was never hard on the car and it was bone stock minus a cat back.... car was great other than that... but a shitty transmission is enough of a reason to never own another.

V8 fwd 4 speed glass auto.

What's not to like?

C'mon. Give the guy a break. Let him enjoy his new car, ya big meanie.

surprisingly, the trannys in these are not bad to pull out at all.

I'm sure that's just how the engineers planned it... ;)

Even with the cooler, do a pan drop twice a year. Spring (before it gets warm) and fall (after it cools off). Heat is the killer of the trans since it's sitting right next to a very hot V8 block. The drops will help. There is no need to completely exchange fluid. Use a genuine AC filter.

I honeslty could give a fuck if someone dont like it. I bought it for me, not for them. For a 4 door daily that is comfy, can get out of its way, gets decent MPG, looks nice, I find the Grand Prixs are hard to beat.

Not being a meany, glad he loves his new vehicle. Like the others, trying to add a word of caution is all.

Oh yeah, well here's a word of caution for that car of yours...

Everytime I've seen it drive by Anthony, it pulls towards him.

:p

(You figure it out.)