I apologize

LeeHowie

To the CR Community...I was talking to my close friend, Bill W, the other day and he mentioned the track day at Trails. He said that I should come out & visit & maybe bring my 'new to me' car. I told him that I would really enjoy spending some time with him & his wife, & it would be nice to see how my LS powered car would run. He told me that he was a senior member of CR and that I should consider joining the community. So since I am not really familiar with LS motors, I thought this would be a great place to learn more about them and save myself a lot of trial & error, which would also save me money that I could use to go faster. I am a hard core Christian first, & second I am a hard core racer that just wanted to try to share info so that I might be able to help someone else & to learn what I could about LS motors & what to do to them. I sincerely apologize for offending &/or upsetting so many of you & causing such a commotion. Again, to the CR community I apologize profusely because I am not on the Internet too much & I was not aware of the importance of introducing myself &/or what to post. God has been very good to me, and allowed me to do quite a lot in my over 50 years of racing. My accomplishments are HIS & not mine, so I do not list or claim them. Again, please accept my sincere apology. Lee Howie
  • Upvote 2

I don't know much about you Lee but just from what I've read and heard these last couple days about you is that people have nothing but praise and respect for you. I feel some of the members that were rude didn't know you that well and thought you were just another guy who isn't really into cars and is just trying to join the site to promote your Car ad. In either case I think people just need to relax on attacking people in the oven and concentrate more on what they can bring to this car community. You're greatly welcomed here and I look forward to you giving A lot of us valuable automotive knowledge.

Thanks for joining.

• Upvote 1

To the CR Community...I was talking to my close friend, Bill W, the other day and he mentioned the track day at Trails. He said that I should come out & visit & maybe bring my 'new to me' car. I told him that I would really enjoy spending some time with him & his wife, & it would be nice to see how my LS powered car would run. He told me that he was a senior member of CR and that I should consider joining the community. So since I am not really familiar with LS motors, I thought this would be a great place to learn more about them and save myself a lot of trial & error, which would also save me money that I could use to go faster. I am a hard core Christian first, & second I am a hard core racer that just wanted to try to share info so that I might be able to help someone else & to learn what I could about LS motors & what to do to them. I sincerely apologize for offending &/or upsetting so many of you & causing such a commotion. Again, to the CR community I apologize profusely because I am not on the Internet too much & I was not aware of the importance of introducing myself &/or what to post. God has been very good to me, and allowed me to do quite a lot in my over 50 years of racing. My accomplishments are HIS & not mine, so I do not list or claim them. Again, please accept my sincere apology. Lee Howie

Lee,

You have absolutely NOTHING to apologize for. The knowledge and experience you can bring to this site about racing is more than appreciated.

It is us that should be apologizing to YOU for the feeling of unwelcome you received.

Please know that this site was founded as a racing site and has since evolved into a site to share not only our auto passions, but our lives. With that, the CR 'Culture' has changed a little over the years and internet personalities with it. Some people may come off has harsh or rude or mean on here yet, when met in person, are the total opposite.

Please know that what is said on here is often said in jest, and that no real meaning should be applied to the words. We can all be a little rough sometimes and not understand that others not well versed in online forums do not always realize that what is said online is not meant to be taken seriously.

I personally hope that you stay around and share your knowledge with us. Look around the site, see that there is a lot of fluff and offhanded remarks, but that there is also a wealth of knowledge that needs replenished by individuals such as yourself from time to time.

Welcome back to Columbus Racing and I look forward to seeing you at events this year.

-Marc

It should not be you apologizing. We (the owners of CR) are thrilled you signed up and hope you decide to stay. We are trying to repair some of the bad stigma attached to the forum. It is a long process but one we are working hard to correct. There are some trolls that have recently been banned for harassing new members and running good people who actually race off. We are making a lot of changes and hope you stick around and give us a chance. There are a lot of great people here and it can be an excellent forum for meeting people and gaining knowledge. We apologize to you for the mess and look forward to seeing you at the track day.

Lee, I echo others in this thread: no need for apologies and you are a welcome addition to this Forum. CR is lucky to have someone like you, and I look forward to learning more about your car passion through your contributions.

WELCOME!!!:thumbup:

Theres alot of us that owe an apology....i know i do. Sorry for misunderstanding your purpose of being here. Any photos of the vette?

Goes for me too.

Excellent post Lee, and I apologize for passing incorrect judgement. Our system of granting people access to the site works 99.9% of the time. This was one of those .1% of the times when it failed.

Glad you decided to come back, and welcome.

I'd love to hear more about your rides past and present.

He's actually in Minford, Wagner. He probably still knows them though.

Lee, you owe CR nothing. No apology is needed at all. Thanks for letting me come over yesterday. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Maybe I can help you work on some projects and soak up some of that knowledge!

- Adam

The people on this site are like play cousins. We play around, argue, and prank each other... But at the end of the day we are there for each other in times of need.

Bingo.

I don't know what happened, nor do I care to.

Welcome Lee. :)

Glad to see you're back and making CR a better place.

As others said, no apologies needed. But if you must, I'll gladly buy you a cup of coffee after you snap my neck back in the Evo. Looks like a beautiful car and a lot of fun.