The Ohio Street Challenge

phil

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone wanna race for entry into the quick 8? If i win, you pay my way in. If i lose i pay your way in.

No test passes. Do it 1st thing. 1/4 mile Heads up, No tree.

If either punk out 100.00 lock in money must be paid.

Any takers?

Quick 8 rules:

Since we have had a lot of questions about what will be allowed to run and what will not, our group has come up with what we believe is fair.

Entry fee-$100

No Chassis Cars/No Wheelie Bars.

Has to be a door slammer

All tires will be accepted- Slicks, radials, street tires

We need a minimum of 8 participants to make this class happen; we will open the field to a maximum of 16. We will hold the Q8 registration open until 7:50pm the night of event if we have not met the 16. Once we have closed registration, we night of event if we have not met the 16. Once we have closed registration, we will put all the names into a hat, draw 2 names, pair those two together and race. This will continue until the first round is completed. In the case of an odd number of participants, someone may get a bye round. The Q8 will run one round at the top of every hour, and the final race of the night will be the Q8 finals.

All races for the Q8 will be done by an arm drop, if you jump you lose, if you cross the center line you lose, if you break, you lose.

At the end of the evening the winner will win all of the money in the pot. There is no 2nd place prize. " If you're not first, you're last" -Ricky Bobby

Please tell me you will do a camera review on the tree for red light discrepancy's.

Is the rules "a chase is a race?"

I sure would hate for this to happen again. 5g's up for grabs. Took the money right out of my pocket.

street car... LOL

oh ok..........

I believe it is just a "street" challenge, meaning street race style. As in, no prep, lights, or times. Bring whatever you want.

Im sure a big tire 4 link car will have no problem winning this "street" challenge

Please tell me you will do a camera review on the tree for red light discrepancy's.

Is the rules "a chase is a race?"

I sure would hate for this to happen again. 5g's up for grabs. Took the money right out of my pocket.

Im sure we can get someone to have a camera on for the Q8

Im sure a big tire 4 link car will have no problem winning this "street" challenge

I see a 275 tire winning it. However...mine is 'big tire 4 link' car and is every bit of street as yours is. And I'm pretty sure your car is faster as well. Welcome to drag week

I see a 275 tire winning it. However...mine is 'big tire 4 link' car and is every bit of street as yours is. And I'm pretty sure your car is faster as well. Welcome to drag week

you wont be the only one :gabe:

oh ok..........

hey dont count out my big tire et street tired 3900 lb turd s10. i can win this too u know.lol

just so u guys know dustin with the gold nova wants to do this and so does shawn with the silver bullet nova.

we all have cars that dont require between rd maint, battery chargers of any other bs. we can run all night with the hoods on if need be. thats how we did true street at marion. we were allowd bottle changes, tire pressure, and adding fuel.

let me know and ill tell them. im shure with mike and us thats a garentee of 4 cars for it.

for quick 8 not the grudge stuff. they would proably be into that though.

i know drag radials are the shit these days. but there are a lot of us old school people with street cars that are tubbed. u have to remember when i tubbed my s10 16 yrs ago there wasent a drag radial. unless u were on a z rated street tire. i love tubed cars and a lot of people still do. i have full interior, stock dash door pannels, sound deadner, headliner, and a stereo. onlything that makes me not a every day street car is, the wear and tear on the parts, and with my 6" cowl hood i had to take wipers off or cut the hood. i have high beams low beams horn full lights, ins the works.

really if u cant outrun my 9 sec 3900 lb s10 truck ur doing someithing wrong! :)

Haha guess that makes sense, I only asked because it said Chris lane canceled the event

Yes the invite was set on the group CR on facebook. So only people in that group could be invited no one outside of it. So in order to invite my boys from the north it had to be redone. So now its open to anyone to view and declare if they are going or not!

ohio has a ton of fast street cars id be willing to bet we see a low 8 but trails will be crap in june and all the heat with 0 prep. id say just pay asap when the link goes up and have fun. i would run true street every weekend its by far the funnest class ever.

i paid 100 for the forum wars. and evan though i spun first round i had fun