Hyundai Veloster

ODoyle

What do you guise think? I just need a reliable DD that won't break the bank.

The transmission in the Explorer is acting up again and I'm thru fucking with it.

I'm open to other options too....

Gad damn auto correct. Hyundai.

The only one worth anything is the Turbo, but then most of the car publications say it's mediocre at best as a drivers' car.

What's your price range? If you're looking at hot hatches in the $18k-25k range, you're better off with anything from a 1.4L turbo Sonic, Focus, Fiesta, or a used VW Golf/GTI.

are you only thinking new or are used cars in the market?

I picked up a 2010 Mazda speed 3 for your price range and so far its been a great daily driver.

All of the options Clay listed would mostly likely be a better alternative... but thats only going off what I have read about the Hyundai. I do not know of anyone that has one personally.

There was one(matte black) at the cars and coffee a few weeks ago. Not sure if that person is on here or not.

Drive a Focus ST. I love mine. Currently averaging 23mpg with "spirited" driving.

You finally got it?

I averaged about 24.5 in my GTI, and that was beating the ever living shit out of it.

My R, yeah, about that, I'd say I'll average about 21 year round.

VW Golf/GTIs were made for big people, OP. I am 6'6" and 300+ and its the most comfortable car for me. I've had 4 of them.

I'd recommend the 2dr, it makes getting in and out 10x easier with the B pillar being behind the seat.

VW Golf/GTIs were made for big people, OP. I am 6'6" and 300+ and its the most comfortable car for me. I've had 4 of them.

I'd recommend the 2dr, it makes getting in and out 10x easier with the B pillar being behind the seat.

My B5 was MUCH more comfortable than these and got 32 MPG. :)

You finally got it?

I averaged about 24.5 in my GTI, and that was beating the ever living shit out of it.

My R, yeah, about that, I'd say I'll average about 21 year round.

Yep, I've got 2 trips calculating; with the first I've not reset it since taking delivery and seen the aforementioned MPG. on #2, I've been averaging my more typical driving which is around 26-27mpg average.

Hopefully this rain washes away the remaining grease/salt on the roads and we can run R vs ST vs Dart

Yep, I've got 2 trips calculating; with the first I've not reset it since taking delivery and seen the aforementioned MPG. on #2, I've been averaging my more typical driving which is around 26-27mpg average.

Hopefully this rain washes away the remaining grease/salt on the roads and we can run R vs ST vs Dart

Dart LOL

Correct me If im wrong, but op said a reliable dd with good mpg. NOT a track monster. With that said, the veloster gives you great features for the money. The turbo model is funner than the base, but if thats not what your after the base models are fine compared to trying to get great fuel mileage

Correct me If im wrong, but op said a reliable dd with good mpg. NOT a track monster. With that said, the veloster gives you great features for the money. The turbo model is funner than the base, but if thats not what your after the base models are fine compared to trying to get great fuel mileage

Mmmhmm lol.

op i've been thinking about a turbo veloster for a dd as well. i'm wanting to know the aftermarket and what kind power people are pulling from them with basic bolt on's.

i'm probably just going to end up buying an audi tt as a daily LOL plus the women likes it so its an easy buy.