Hyundai Veloster

ODoyle

My B5 was MUCH more comfortable than these and got 32 MPG. :)

:dumb:

An A4 is smaller in front seat room than the GTI.

Yep, I've got 2 trips calculating; with the first I've not reset it since taking delivery and seen the aforementioned MPG. on #2, I've been averaging my more typical driving which is around 26-27mpg average.

Hopefully this rain washes away the remaining grease/salt on the roads and we can run R vs ST vs Dart

Needing to wait for warm, dry roads to have fun. :lolguy::dumb:

Sounds good.

I traded in my 2012 Veloster after 43 days.

Worst car I ever owned. Slow as shit, rickity and overpriced.

I've heard the Turbo is basically the same; slightly faster in a straight line but still drives like a Civic.

We had a guy trade one in with 385 miles on it.

he said reliable and that won't break the bank :dumb:

And yet other Vdubs were mentioned. :dumb:

I wasn't suggesting him get a B5. I wouldn't suggest that to anyone. I was stating an OPINION. It's more comfortable than a GTi. Where did I tell anyone to BUY a B5? As a matter of fact all I did was state an opinion. B5's are more comfortable than Golfs.

My B5 was MUCH more comfortable than these and got 32 MPG. :)

See?

Internets. Srs bidness.

:dumb:

An A4 is smaller in front seat room than the GTI.

In what universe is the GTi's 41.2" front legroom more than my old 2001 Passat's (sold anyway, who gives a crap they're both gonna break down) 41.5"? The new Passats is even greater at 42.4" so you're argument is null and void.

What's that? Front headroom in a GTi (2012)? 39.3 inches. B5's is 39.7".

GTi front shoulder room? 54.7" vs. the B5's 55.8". Hmmm...I'm seeing a pattern here.

GTi interior volume? 93.5 cubic feet. Uh oh...this could be the deciding factor. No, wait, the B5's is 105.9 cubic feet.

Look, I don't give two and a half craps as I wouldn't recommend an old beater B5 or a slightly used GTi anyway. If a reliable (that's an operative word) daily is the goal I'd avoid both.

And yes, my wife still drives an MKIV Jetta (also smaller than the B5) and when it goes I won't buy another. Nothing but trouble with both of them. Just my opinion. I know many people who have great VAGs (Mitch has a great VAG) and they do just fine for them. I just won't purchase another.

I didn't come here to get into a pissing match. I was stating an opinion that one was more comfortable (again IMO) than the other. That opinion was taken srsly and someone tried to present false claims as facts...to which I proved wrong. Have a great day. :)

inb4vwsarethebestmostreliablevehicleseverandImanidiotbecauseidisagreeoncolumbusgunsfbodysandvags.com

:gabe:

How tall are you?

How much do you weigh?

I see it day in and day out on online forums. Regular sized people quoting online specs as truth. The truth is, when you are truly big, and actually take up the space you are referencing in your research with your body, its a different story.

I also misunderstood B5 to mean the Audi A4, and not the Passat.

How tall are you?

How much do you weigh?

I see it day in and day out on online forums. Regular sized people quoting online specs as truth. The truth is, when you are truly big, and actually take up the space you are referencing in your research with your body, its a different story.

I also misunderstood B5 to mean the Audi A4, and not the Passat.

I'm currently 6'1" and 300lbs. At the time of purchase of the Passat I was same height and 421 pounds. I feel those stats qualify me to speak on large dude comfort in vehicles. :)

Yeah, I know a thing or two about fat guys in little coats. :lol:

EDIT: Also, thanks for assuming I might be "regular sized". Boosted my self esteem. :lolguy:

I'm not making any remarks other than those I experienced.

I'm 6', 175 and it was small. If it works for you, hell yeah man.

I will say, I have not driven the turbo version. That will probably solve the slow problem.

If it was small for you then I hope it comes with a drum of vasoline for him.

Drove a Veloster, it's awesome. Drove an MS3 and then called the insurance company, not so awesome. I just generally dislike the look of the VW's. I'm pretty sure the Veloster is going to be my new DD. Besides Borla makes an exhaust for it, it's got to be decent. LOL

I test drove the Turbo, and as a driver, it was laggy, overall made you feel disconnected. The steering and throttle felt wholly electronic, and made no effort to disguise it. That said I think it would make for a great DD, decent room for its' class, practical, good mileage, available in manual, or paddle-shift auto, Bluetooth and touchscreen standard. Ugly in a likable, bulldog sort of ugly. Wheels are just plain regular ugly though.

Soul for $89/mo.

shoot we have a 2012 with like 18k miles at our lot for like 12g's

When the wifes car was in the body shop recently she had a rental car. She called and said ‘do you have anything for $25/day’, it was an insurance issue. They put her in a bright green Kia Soul. While the car wasn’t perfect I was surprised I didn’t hate it. I’ll try my hand at a mini review.

Engine & Trans

It definitely had more pickup than I expected, I was saddened to go back to my 2001 Sunfire (2.2L) which is often outrun by people on half running mopeds. The 6 speed auto was smooth and the auto stick wasn't horrible for being an auto stick. It seems like maybe most manufactures have figured out how to make ‘good’ autostick logic so it follows what the drive request.

Drive

Pretty much econobox driving, which is to say nothing great, nothing really bad… except for one time changing lanes on the highway. When you hit a pothole during a quick but not too high g lane change, the rear end felt like it was going to come around on me. The car didn't slide at all, but I felt like if I did it at 0.6g instead of 0.3g it might have. This was an easily repeatable phenomenon. While it was only slightly unsettling to me, I’m sure it could scare the shit out of someone who doesn’t know how to drive. If it progressed like expected it would be downright unsafe.

Interior

The interior was OK. Since people who buy cars like this probably don’t care what they drive the designers decided to put SOUL over and over again on about half of the interior to remind them.

I love cars that have Bluetooth audio, I either NEED to make sure my next car has it or get an aftermarket radio that does. For some reason no matter what level you had the stereo the automated voice for phone side Bluetooth was REALLY loud… maybe someone screwed with a setting before me and I didn’t bother to look. It had this weird ‘p.bass’ setting that I found turned all of the way up from a previous driver. It made the speakers distort at anything about 12/40 on the dial. Even with all EQs flat the stereo feel on it’s face after it was turned half way up, but that was still much louder than most would normally listen. But I'm pick about my stereo's, this one is fine for most.

D-Pillars have a horrible blind spot, especially to the right. They need to make the little window back there bigger.

Overview

Yes, you expect these things to be common. But I started paying attention for some reason and they were everywhere. But despite my little nitpicks and the fact that I don’t like cars this size, I was very surprised as I expected to hate this car and it was more than adequate for a DD type of car. If I knew someone looking for this size or style car I would tell them to go test drive this one. This car probably wouldn't have crossed my mind before driving it.