Anyone test E85 recently?

Ryans99ls1

Im trying to get my car tuned before the may 5th dyno day but it doesnt seem like they switched the blends yet. I tested the E85 at the Clintonville get-go and it came out to 75%.

They should be bringing back the good stuff soon.. anyone tested anywhere else?

E80 last check , I'm checking again this friday

Do you guys notice a big difference between winter/summer blends? (E85 v. E70/75). Its something I want to research further because I've seen opinion go both ways.

Threads like this make me think that is you tune to E-85 'summer' that you don't really have to worry about normal variation around that ethanol content and down to even E70 because you simply end up with a slightly richer mixture through those huge injectors (saw another thread where someone was arguing that E60 was the point where things became 'too rich' <shrug>)

http://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection/1363293-e85-consistency-going-problem.html

You would need a different tune for a pure methanol though if you decided to go that way.

Do you guys notice a big difference between winter/summer blends? (E85 v. E70/75). Its something I want to research further because I've seen opinion go both ways.

I noticed the change when it went over to spring blend over winter blend. As my car isn't some super fast street monster, it's only a small gain. But it was still noticeable.

As I'm tuned on 'summer corn', it's basically just leaning out more as the blends increase from winter to spring to summer.

Of course, I daily my car too and usually fill up around 1/4-1/2 tank of fuel. So it takes awhile before I'm running a straight blend.

Threads like this make me think that is you tune to E-85 'summer' that you don't really have to worry about normal variation around that ethanol content and down to even E70 because you simply end up with a slightly richer mixture through those huge injectors (saw another thread where someone was arguing that E60 was the point where things became 'too rich' <shrug>).

It's all in the tune.

I've always tune mine on winter blend, as close to 70% as I can get. I figure the slight change in A/F isn't much of a problem. I run a richer A/F on e70 anyways.

There are plenty of ways to make the provision in the tune handle the slight change in the blends. I run a standalone (AEM) which helps. But there are other ways as well.

• 2 weeks later...