Fatal Crash on I-71 NB just past Polaris and before 36/37

bmwohio

Cliffs: ODOT employee doing work on the shoulder, semi veers right of lane and destroys equipment and kills ODOT employee (Lee Rizor, 27, of Mt. Gilead was declared dead at the scene).

http://myfox28columbus.com/shared/news/features/top-stories/stories/wtte_odot-employee-killed-semi-rollover-i71-23349.shtml

http://myfox28columbus.com/shared/news/features/top-stories/stories//images/semi-rollover-fire_vUX8D.jpg

Damn. i wonder if thats why the exit for william street off 23 in delaware was backed way up.

Northbound AND southbound lanes were shut down for a while.....they finally just opened up 1 lane of NB traffic around 1:30.......So could have been.....

71N was shut down after US95 Friday morning because a HAZMAT semi jumped the shoulder as well. I drive this stretch several times a week and watch semis barely able to keep it in their lane.

Construction sucks. Construction with very narrow lanes sucks even worse when people can't drive them.

The ODOT worker that passed away is my wife's cousin.. his funeral is this friday.

Hell of a nice guy and he has young kids... This is the 2nd cousin to pass away recently in that family with young kids.

Wow. My condolences to your extended family. :(

The ODOT worker that passed away is my wife's cousin.. his funeral is this friday.

Hell of a nice guy and he has young kids... This is the 2nd cousin to pass away recently in that family with young kids.

I offer my condolences, very sad to hear, even more so knowing he had little ones.

That's terrible....SO sorry to hear......