Just got the Vance's Ad...

KillJoy

Federal Champion 525 Round Value Pack for $30.99.

:dumb:

These were < $20 every day before the panic buying started.

I know they are one of the highest volume dealers around, but fuck them and their price gouging.

KillJoy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up at Sportsman's Den Friday and they were $32 for the Value Pack.

I'm just curious if the prices are going to stabilize at the higher prices. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't ever see the low low prices again.

The third sure thing in life after death and taxes is ammo prices rising.

I remember when I used to buy bricks for under $12

Pretty sure there was a time when I got them under $10 as well

The third sure thing in life after death and taxes is ammo prices rising.

I remember when I used to buy bricks for under $12

Pretty sure there was a time when I got them under $10 as well

Yep. Even up until 2001ish they were under $10, or $1 per 50 msrp. Cheaper if you shopped around. But come on, hasn't EVERYTHING tripled in cost since then?

:gabe:

Yep. Even up until 2001ish they were under $10, or $1 per 50 msrp. Cheaper if you shopped around. But come on, hasn't EVERYTHING tripled in cost since then?

:gabe:

Cars have about doubled in price in the past ten years yet nobody bitches about that.

This thread is the equivalent of bitching that bread is no longer a nickle.

No, not even close. Bread costs more because it costs more to grow, make, and ship it. Not because a lot of people want it and they aren't making enough.

.22 is just saying there isn't any out there so we will charge what we want. It's up to you if you buy.

Not all that long ago you could get a brick for $10.

No, not even close. Bread costs more because it costs more to grow, make, and ship it. Not because a lot of people want it and they aren't making enough.

.22 is just saying there isn't any out there so we will charge what we want. It's up to you if you buy.

Not all that long ago you could get a brick for $10.

metal prices have never gone up EVAR

Think about this. How many ammo manufacturers are there than can produce in any real capacity? There's Lake City, Winchester, Federal, Blazer, Remington, PMC. Not much else that's USA made, and foreign made stuff is inconsistent in availability. So that's less than 10 companies spitting out ammo for every police department, every federal agency that's buying millions of rounds, and every Joe that wants to pick up a couple thousand rounds before the next guy does. This on top of rising raw material prices and those companies only having so much equipment to crank out ammo. They won't go out buying more presses or hiring more people because in 6 months or a year demand will be in the toilet and they would have overextended themselves.

Supply and demand. Go take an economics class and STFU.

metal prices have never gone up EVAR

Think about this. How many ammo manufacturers are there than can produce in any real capacity? There's Lake City, Winchester, Federal, Blazer, Remington, PMC. Not much else that's USA made, and foreign made stuff is inconsistent in availability. So that's less than 10 companies spitting out ammo for every police department, every federal agency that's buying millions of rounds, and every Joe that wants to pick up a couple thousand rounds before the next guy does. This on top of rising raw material prices and those companies only having so much equipment to crank out ammo. They won't go out buying more presses or hiring more people because in 6 months or a year demand will be in the toilet and they would have overextended themselves.

Supply and demand. Go take an economics class and STFU.

I never said prices of metal haven't gone up there ass hat, But they have not gone up 300 - 900% as prices have in the last 6mo. I'm not willing to pay the 60-90 for 500 rnd brick. So that is supply and demand dick wad. so econ that up your ass.

I never said prices of metal haven't gone up there ass hat, But they have not gone up 300 - 900% as prices have in the last 6mo. I'm not willing to pay the 60-90 for 500 rnd brick. So that is supply and demand dick wad. so econ that up your ass.

Copper costs 214% of what it did in 2005

Zinc costs 175% of what it did in 2005

Lead costs 275% of what it did in 2005

and $60-$90? I havent seen anything in a store over $35.

Your small independent guys are trying to rip people off. Your large dealers are getting costs passed down to them by the manufacturers.

Cars have about doubled in price in the past ten years yet nobody bitches about that.

Your small independent guys are trying to rip people off. Your large dealers are getting costs passed down to them by the manufacturers.

The point is prices pre freak out, not back in 05. Craigs point is materials pricing hasing shot up the same as the price, in the last few months...

What part of "last 6mo" did you not understand?

That brick has gone up 68% from what I saw it last year.

What part of "ammo prices have been going up forever" did you not understand? Most retail prices are up about 40-70%

Prices are up 300% since you joined CR, but the cost of materials have gone up more than that in that time frame

To a point, I agree. 7 years ago I was buying Bricks for $10. These same Bricks were $15-$18 from Oct to Dec 2012. Today, they are $32+.

Yes, small dealers are GOUGING. That WAS my bitch!

KillJoy

The point is prices pre freak out, not back in 05. Craigs point is materials pricing hasing shot up the same as the price, in the last few months...

No, the point is that prices have been going up forever, and they will keep going up forever. The cost of materials has outpaced the increase in prices over the past 15 years. Trying to base your economic argument over a time period of 6 months has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

To a point, I agree. 7 years ago I was buying Bricks for $10. These same Bricks were $15-$18 from Oct to Dec 2012. Today, they are $32+.

Yes, small dealers are GOUGING. That WAS my bitch!

KillJoy

Those same small dealers have always gouged. Not sure how you have a different gripe now than you would have 6 months ago, 2 years ago or 10 years ago?

That brick has gone up 68% from what I saw it last year.

What part of "ammo prices have been going up forever" did you not understand? Most retail prices are up about 40-70%

Prices are up 300% since you joined CR, but the cost of materials have gone up more than that in that time frame

I understand prices have gone up. I could buy a 500rnd brick for 9.99 3years ago, 8months ago i could buy the same brick for $13-15, that is normal price increase due to materials and shipping costs. Now that same brick is $30-90. That isn't cost to produce has gone up 300+% in the last couple months. That is the retailer getting as much as they can due to availability. Plain and simple.

No, the point is that prices have been going up forever, and they will keep going up forever. The cost of materials has outpaced the increase in prices over the past 15 years. Trying to base your economic argument over a time period of 6 months has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

So the companies were not making as much money as they could have, then all of the sudden, adjusted the prices to compensate for increased materials cost?

What is economics?

I understand prices have gone up. I could buy a 500rnd brick for 9.99 3years ago, 8months ago i could buy the same brick for $13-15, that is normal price increase due to materials and shipping costs. Now that same brick is $30-90. That isn't cost to produce has gone up 300+% in the last couple months. That is the retailer getting as much as they can due to availability. Plain and simple.

this