Plane crash.....

Putty

I read also where the load shifted to the aft and when planes take off there they climb fast to avoid any type of fire. When he climbed the load moved all the way back making so the plane center of gravity was off balance. He tipped the wing down and you could hear the crew go to full power trying to get it to level off but there wasnt enough forward movement nor altitude to recover. I also read where it might have been carrying MRAP's so those arent light by any means. They did everything they could in the mere seconds they had but it was outside of the envelope to begin with so no possible way to recover control.

wow......that's a crazy video. Few years ago we flew to Vegas. As we were coming down for the landing you know how you watch out the window and see the runway getting closer and closer? I was doing that and just before we touch down you hear the pilot lay back into the throttle and start slowly climbing again.

Go-arounds aren't very common but there is usually a pretty good reason for them and they are much safer than the alternative. I've done 3 so far this year, one was yesterday in CLE.

Agree with load shifting aft as the probable cause. There is absolutely nothing that could have done if the load slid to the back. It's an impossible situation to correct. Very sad.

Go-arounds aren't very common but there is usually a pretty good reason for them and they are much safer than the alternative. I've done 3 so far this year, one was yesterday in CLE.

Agree with load shifting aft as the probable cause. There is absolutely nothing that could have done if the load slid to the back. It's an impossible situation to correct. Very sad.

What was the reason yesterday?

It looks like a civilian plane. And from my time there most of the civilian planes are just commercial flights for contractors to go straight to Dubai. Ive been on plenty of them, however that plane looks much larger than any I flew on so only other thing I think it could be is a DHL, FEDEX, UPS cargo plane which are common, but not sure why that plane would be carrying cars and it for sure wouldnt be carrying any MRAPs if it is commercial.

I thought from the OP and first few replies that the dash cam was from the airplane's dash. I'm an idiot.

I dislike flying immensely. I fully understand that I am much more likely to die in a car crash or whatever than I am to die in a plane crash, but still. Everytime I fly, I think, "You know, I bet no one who ever died in a passenger plane crash thought they were going to be the unfortunate few that die in passenger plane crashes."

I've found that alcohol helps ease my dislike of flying.

I've been in scary situations driving but for some reason it's a whole different level in a plane. I guess because in a vehicle you think "there's a decent chance I'll survive" and in a plane you think " there's no way in hell I'll survive".

I've been in scary situations driving but for some reason it's a whole different level in a plane. I guess because in a vehicle you think "there's a decent chance I'll survive" and in a plane you think " there's no way in hell I'll survive".

I think thats my insight on it. Ive been in some SCARY close situations where it could of ended in a serious accident but i somehow saved it, everytime.

In Planes your not in control, so as soon as something goes wrong your first thought is just "Theres no fucking way in hell am i survivng this, well life, it was good."

Also I cant stand being in cars when im not in control... I feel like some of the people i ride with just arn't that good at driving, but a plane is WAY worse.

that's why they sell alcohol at the airport AND on the plane, I usually drink before boarding.

I've only had 1 really scary situation on a plane, I was coming back from Vegas on the red eye, about an 1-1/2 of flying I was sound asleep then suddenly woke up because the plane had dropped what felt like an eternity then the plane started to shake badly you hear the engines throttle up the fasten seat belt lights came on and all I thought was I'm not drunk enough for this, needless to say I was awake for the remainder of the flight.

one other thing I don't like is flying over water, flying down to Ft. Lauderdale your over land the whole trip from Columbus then when the plane starts to bank and descend you look out the window and see nothing but the Atlantic, the ocean floor what seems like is rising while the plane descends you feel like its gonna crash in the ocean then all of sudden land and touchdown.

It looks like a civilian plane. And from my time there most of the civilian planes are just commercial flights for contractors to go straight to Dubai. Ive been on plenty of them, however that plane looks much larger than any I flew on so only other thing I think it could be is a DHL, FEDEX, UPS cargo plane which are common, but not sure why that plane would be carrying cars and it for sure wouldnt be carrying any MRAPs if it is commercial.

the plane in the video is definitely a Boeing 747, for everyone else in this thread if you haven't seen the movie Flight, check it out.

that's why they sell alcohol at the airport AND on the plane, I usually drink before boarding.

I've only had 1 really scary situation on a plane, I was coming back from Vegas on the red eye, about an 1-1/2 of flying I was sound asleep then suddenly woke up because the plane had dropped what felt like an eternity then the plane started to shake badly you hear the engines throttle up the fasten seat belt lights came on and all I thought was I'm not drunk enough for this, needless to say I was awake for the remainder of the flight.

one other thing I don't like is flying over water, flying down to Ft. Lauderdale your over land the whole trip from Columbus then when the plane starts to bank and descend you look out the window and see nothing but the Atlantic, the ocean floor what seems like is rising while the plane descends you feel like its gonna crash in the ocean then all of sudden land and touchdown.

not a fan of the water here either.....flew to cancun 10-11 years ago and although I couldn't see the water I knew it was there. No way I could go to hawaii.....unless they build a big ass bridge.

I never liked flying simply because you're not in control. Everything else you do you are in control. Flying, NOPE.

Same, that's why if I'm every going somewhere with someone, I always make sure I drive.

+1

Go arounds are no big deal, just had one a couple minutes ago... ;)

A B747 could be military or civilian but in this case it was NCR National Airlines Cargo a contract flight (very common). It didn't have cars onboard he was just kidding...