Eff vacations...

Sully

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

but that would be your 2nd divorce right?. GOD SAVE SULLY.

Holy hell, how did you know or remember that?

But on srs note, why not rent a cabin somewhere or do the put n bay deal? how about hilton head or augusta ga? Maybe even a drive to virginia beach

She's not digging the weekend get-away idea. She wants a week-long vacation where it's much warmer than it is here.

How long does it take to drive to VB?

Virginia beach was one of my favorite vacations so far.. but I don't go on many.

we've went there the last couple summers. Not going this year because of the baby but we'll be back next year. I tow the 5th wheel down there and stay south of va beach near sandbridge. The beach at sandbridge is way less crowded than up in va beach.

As far as time to get down there I couldn't tell you in a car because I haul the camper so it takes a lot longer. I would guess you could drive it in 9-10 hours but that's a guess.

Holy shit...is this a legit deal? Have you traveled with them?

-Marc

Yes my GF and i went to Jamaica last summer through this company, paid $850 a person for 7 nights all inclusive and direct flights from cincy, even had champaign/dinner on the flight for free! airline is called SunWing out of canada. pretty baller. If you want to book through a real person you can call Gail at Travel Polaris, she is my Aunt.

Leave Friday Night. Drive straight through to Sarasota, FL (18 - 19hrs). Stay at Casa Mar. Enjoy 5 days on the #1 Beach in the Country. Drive Home. < $2k.

:)

KillJoy

PS - Or tell her to be fiscally responsible and wait until July. :)

Yes my GF and i went to Jamaica last summer through this company, paid $850 a person for 7 nights all inclusive and direct flights from cincy, even had champaign/dinner on the flight for free! airline is called SunWing out of canada. pretty baller. If you want to book through a real person you can call Gail at Travel Polaris, she is my Aunt.

Is it her company who is offering these deals? I'm seriously interested. That just seems stupid cheap for all inclusive (I assume food and booze are included).

-Marc

I'm in Nokomis, FL now, few miles N of Venice, 1/2hr south of Sarasota right on the gulf. about 15 hours depending on stops. Sarasota beach is beautiful, but its also rainy here right now. might want to wait.

Is it her company who is offering these deals? I'm seriously interested. That just seems stupid cheap for all inclusive (I assume food and booze are included).

-Marc

no its not her company, the company offering the deal is vacation express. she just books it for you and interacts with them on your behalf.

I won't drive anything over 4 hrs. I hate driving or sitting in a car for that long.

....then prepare for high Flight prices on such short notice, and needing / wanting a Rental Car...

:fuuuu:

KillJoy

....then prepare for high Flight prices on such short notice, and needing / wanting a Rental Car...

KillJoy

This is what I keep saying and yet she doesn't care. Plus the fact that I need to give more than a day's notice at work.

no its not her company, the company offering the deal is vacation express. she just books it for you and interacts with them on your behalf.

This sounds like your best bet hands down so far.

This is what I keep saying and yet she doesn't care. Plus the fact that I need to give more than a day's notice at work.

She doesn't care bc it's prolly your money that'll be paying for the trip. I wouldn't care either if I was in her shoes :lolguy:

PS, need pics of wife as Johnny bravo requested for verification

VB is a 5-6 hr drive depending on how fast you drive

maps.com shows it 6:56 from here (Lancaster) but I'd argue that it would even take a little longer than that because once you hit Richmond traffic sucks balls all the way to Va beach usually. The last time I went east on 70 and then south going by DC....better drive but traffic between DC and Richmond was terrible on a Sunday morning.

I won't drive anything over 4 hrs. I hate driving or sitting in a car for that long.

This last trip on our way home we took some out of the way roads up through VA....that alone was worth the trip. That whole area is just loaded with history and some cool looking shit like the old rock walls that run as far as you can see and old split rail fences. Very scenic drive for sure. I would even plan a stop overnight somewhere historic and spend a morning doing something like that before finishing the drive. I can definitely see us doing that at some point.