Knee popping

KennyFKINPowerz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My left knee started clicking after a long run this week. No pain, just a click with every extension. I have a radial tear in my lateral meniscus in my right knee that I haven't had patched up (damaged it 11 years ago when I was a poor college kid).

Am I going to die?

You're probably ok, unless it starts hurting. Meniscal tears in adults don't heal. Think of a suspension bridge. The cables are actually made of 100's of smaller cables. If some of the cables rupture, they are no longer functional. In the case of the knee, once some of the meniscus tears, the torn part is no longer holding tension to absorb the shock of the knee joint. You remove it so that it does not tear further into the 'cables', or move between the femur and tibia and cause the knee to lock up

Thanks for the free consult.

It's strange, on my run tonight my left knee was fine; no clicks. My right knee clicked audibly for about an hour after the run. Still no pain.

Squats do hurt so I avoid them and stick to the sled.

Getting old is the worst.

you are doing them wrong then

but hey if you want skinny legs, then stick to the sled.

Oh

Bottom line is that squats are indeed bad for the knee. Especially if you have this condition

He has a PhD to substantiate his advice. What have you?

a huge squat :p

and since when do you get a phD to give medical advice?:confused:

anyone that says squats are indeed bad for the knees is an idiot, and doing them wrong.

great squat. the surface of your kneecap that comes into contact with the rest of the knee is about the size of a silver dollar. at 90 degrees, with that weight, there's probably around 3000lbs of force across that small surface. :lolguy:

doesn't sound too good for the knee joint, but hey, you know your own body, right?

great squat. the surface of your kneecap that comes into contact with the rest of the knee is about the size of a silver dollar. at 90 degrees, with that weight, there's probably around 3000lbs of force across that small surface. :lolguy:

doesn't sound too good for the knee joint, but hey, you know your own body, right?

Sure BRO, sure. you know the mechanics, sure Bro.

nothing about using your hips in the movement either, or why you don't stop at the 90*.

if not wow i can tell people I can handle 3000lbs of force on my knees, that's pretty sweet Bro.

just pansy excuses on why not to squat. ;)

Sure BRO, sure. you know the mechanics, sure Bro.

nothing about using your hips in the movement either, or why you don't stop at the 90*.

if not wow i can tell people I can handle 3000lbs of force on my knees, that's pretty sweet Bro.

just pansy excuses on why not to squat. ;)

replacing guys' knees at 50 years old who made the same statement as above when they were in their 20's and 30's has paid for all the cars in my sig, amongst other awesome stuff. so i guess i'm not arguing with you :dumb:

replacing guys' knees at 50 years old who made the same statement as above when they were in their 20's and 30's has paid for all the cars in my sig, amongst other awesome stuff. so i guess i'm not arguing with you :dumb:

My dad told me when I was younger that " You know everything & don't know shit all at the same time". Seems relevant :D

We will both be making money off these guys soon......

Me too!

No phd. Osu had a combined md/phd track and an md/MBA track as well. I figured early on that administration and research were not for me.

A good friend of mine was on the OSU orthopedic track he eventually went PGY-4, PhD route... And I'm dumb, I meant MD.

A good friend of mine was on the OSU orthopedic track he eventually went PGY-4, PhD route... And I'm dumb, I meant MD.

No worries dude. I still know many of the orthopedic residents at osu and mt Carmel since my brother is finishing up there and about to move on in a few weeks

I had acl surgery 6 months ago so my stuff clicks off an on (scar tissue in weird places).

My son is going in to have his acl replaced at 6am tomorrow at Childrens. When they went in to repair his meniscus (his knee was clicking) they found he only had about 25% of his acl left. I'm glad I opted to have it looked at. If he would have played football on that leg I'm pretty sure at some point he would have done some serious damage. Now I can only hope he doesn't end up with arthritis in his 20's.

My knee popped one time on the football field after a fat kid rolled into it. My ankle made a funky noise as well.

Never been the same since. I'd say just go to a Doctor that is referred by someone on here and never look back. Better to just get it out of the way. Always regret not going somewhere right away and finding out the issue and getting it fixed.

All this OSU talk involving medical professions make me very tempted to make a switch in majors. :gabe:

His name is Dan Kim. You should meet him. Coolest MD ever.

Lol. Small world. He lived in the same neighborhood as me growing up. I haven't kept up with him, but I knew him when he was a little kid. I think he had an older sister named Sharon. My brother knows him too.