Knee popping

KennyFKINPowerz

No phd. Osu had a combined md/phd track and an md/MBA track as well. I figured early on that administration and research were not for me.

Speaking of research; what did you do for experience pre-med in order to boost your app? I'm gonna try to get involved in something this summer, but the thought of research makes me nauseous.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. Small world. He lived in the same neighborhood as me growing up. I haven't kept up with him, but I knew him when he was a little kid. I think he had an older sister named Sharon. My brother knows him too.

In Brecksville? I lived there too.

Sharon is in NYC now.

replacing guys' knees at 50 years old who made the same statement as above when they were in their 20's and 30's has paid for all the cars in my sig, amongst other awesome stuff. so i guess i'm not arguing with you :dumb:

lol dont tell me you are one of those doctors,

"don't squat, deadlift or even exercise cause its bad for you"

lol I will out perform you, be healthier then you and out live you. :p

I was really hoping that you were just joking with your earlier "bro" fest. I guess not. Put your dick away and realize that he said that the movement isn't good on your knees. Not ground breaking at all. No one cares that you can out perform them, sorry. Let your lifts speak for themselves. While the feats are very impressive, your attitude is that of a high school kid in the gym.

I was really hoping that you were just joking with your earlier "bro" fest. I guess not. Put your dick away and realize that he said that the movement isn't good on your knees. Not ground breaking at all. No one cares that you can out perform them, sorry. Let your lifts speak for themselves. While the feats are very impressive, your attitude is that of a high school kid in the gym.

if that was the case we should all just live in a bubble and not move cause everything isnt good for you.

not talking about my lifts, its just dumb that so many doctors are ignorant when they tell you not to exercise cause its bad for you.

if that was the case we should all just live in a bubble and not move cause everything isnt good for you.

not talking about my lifts, its just dumb that so many doctors are ignorant when they tell you not to exercise cause its bad for you.

Because isometric calisthenics is exactly the same as squatting a Festiva. Most often in this world, the extremities of either side of the spectrum are bad for you.

I don't think that is his point. His point is, the odds that you do damage from heavy lifts is greatly increased. This week is a perfect example. Everything that I have ever "hurt" is sore this week. Stupid weather.

I'm just mad that I haven't been doing squats and deadlifts for over a year now. Trying to wait until September, so that it will have been a year since my latest ACL reconstruction. I'm not a powerlifter either, just feel better when I can do those.

I hurt both my knees back in highschool pretty bad, never had surgery, after highschool i rehabed them with squats, then heavy squats, knees are pain free now.

shrug.

I usually have more pain when I'm not lifting. They hurt either way, but less when I actually do get into the gym.

Everyone I see in my office is past the point of squatting and dead lifting, so the discussion never comes up. I see 40+ year olds with hip and knee arthritis. I do almost all hip and knee replacements. Everything from the easiest case to the most difficult one, and I'm pretty fucking sweet at operating broseph :fuckyeah:

I don't encourage squatting heavy weight. My patients just want to walk, and do low impact stuff----that's what you'll be struggling with in 10-15 years. You'll be begging for the knife. If you think the human knee was designed to squat 600 lbs in addition to your 200 lb body, well then you're just plain retarded and there's no use arguing with you. I don't lift heavy weight anymore, and don't squat anymore. An injury to my body that puts me out of work is not worth the risk. Heaviest I lift is 275, and I can rep it out with ease. As far as outliving me? Maybe? Maybe not. Genetics has a lot more to do with lifespan than squatting 600 lbs. I'll still be working when you need your knees done. Maybe sledhead and I can work out a deal for your knee replacements

Everyone I see in my office is past the point of squatting and dead lifting, so the discussion never comes up. I see 40+ year olds with hip and knee arthritis. I do almost all hip and knee replacements. Everything from the easiest case to the most difficult one, and I'm pretty fucking sweet at operating broseph :fuckyeah:

I don't encourage squatting heavy weight. My patients just want to walk, and do low impact stuff----that's what you'll be struggling with in 10-15 years. You'll be begging for the knife. If you think the human knee was designed to squat 600 lbs in addition to your 200 lb body, well then you're just plain retarded and there's no use arguing with you. I don't lift heavy weight anymore, and don't squat anymore. An injury to my body that puts me out of work is not worth the risk. Heaviest I lift is 275, and I can rep it out with ease. As far as outliving me? Maybe? Maybe not. Genetics has a lot more to do with lifespan than squatting 600 lbs. I'll still be working when you need your knees done. Maybe sledhead and I can work out a deal for your knee replacements

If he Prepays , and he will need them..... I will give a discount immediately as I could use some new rims. The crazy ones are who end up paying for most of my stuff, cuz they know everything. "I see your swagger and raise you a College degree"

there are so many older powerlifters that have been squatting heavy all there life, and don't have replacements. It is very unlikely I will need to get one done. I have trained and redesigned my body to handle the heavy weights.

If he Prepays , and he will need them..... I will give a discount immediately as I could use some new rims. The crazy ones are who end up paying for most of my stuff, cuz they know everything. "I see your swagger and raise you a College degree"

Sweet. I can certainly discount the surgeon fee, and maybe we can even work out something where he gets the new knee you guys just came out with. He guarantees he's going to outlive everyone, so we'll give him the latest and greatest

Speaking of research; what did you do for experience pre-med in order to boost your app? I'm gonna try to get involved in something this summer, but the thought of research makes me nauseous.

I did some bench (chemistry) research and clinical research. I generally dislike all research, but the clinical research was much more tolerable. I ended up doing orthopedic and rheumatology projects--couldn't wait to be done with that shit

• 2 weeks later...
Knee is all clear. Doc, said my knee was perfectly healthy.

Good to hear. I've got an appointment this Thursday because I haven't been able to straighten my leg out after two weeks from taking a fall. The swelling has gone down so I'm not sure what to expect.