Which stock for my new HK?

Diamonds

Here are the 4 I am considering. I do not want a fixed stock.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/s15driftking/HKSTOCKS_zpscfea262f.jpg

Any experience with any of them or at the very least (your thoughts) would be appreciated.

The telescoping stocks on those are absolutely miserable to shoot with. The factory stock really isn't bad, but if you just have to be custom the msg and similar factory stocks are a small functional improvement for a lot of money.

Be careful swapping out parts like that as you will likely degrade the shootability/useability of the weapon turning it into a safe queen.

Wait, what didn't you like about the factory config?

Doesnt suit me well. and... smaller size would advance portability.

When you said that the telescoping stocks sucked.. .are you talking about number 2 or 4?

never shot one with a stock like 4, but the factory stocks like #2 are just masochistic. It's beyond unpleasant to the point of making you NOT want to shoot, at least for me. Factory fixed stock all the way, unless a magpul or msg fell into my lap.

It's a big long heavy thing, but hey- you can drop two pins and take the stock completely off if it won't fit in your trunk/bag/case/whatever. Like Austin said, your lack of cheek weld with those will really hurt your shooting... unless you get super custom and stick a massive riser on there.

no homo.

I would go with #4 out of those. Folding the stock over the trigger/charging handle (1+3) makes the gun useless.

Sure does. Although the charging handle is forward on the left side of the cocking tube, but still shooting with the stock folded would be massive hollywool-level fail anyway.

Edited by Not Brian

never shot one with a stock like 4, but the factory stocks like #2 are just masochistic. It's beyond unpleasant to the point of making you NOT want to shoot, at least for me. Factory fixed stock all the way, unless a magpul or msg fell into my lap.

It's a big long heavy thing, but hey- you can drop two pins and take the stock completely off if it won't fit in your trunk/bag/case/whatever. Like Austin said, your lack of cheek weld with those will really hurt your shooting... unless you get super custom and stick a massive riser on there.

no homo.

I would have to get a riser for the stock stock as it is.... where do i buy risers?

#4 looks like the best choice functionally but only #2 looks like it belongs on an HK.

Yeah, that's what's really hard for me.

BUT, in the end. I am not going to stick with the nostalgic styling. I already bought a quad rail for it because I really want to integrate the magpul angled fore-grip. I like that thing.

As I mess with the new scope to get the right eye relief setup I notice that the stock stock would have to have a HIGH cheek riser alone to accommodate the scope. I REALLY want the portability of a closing/folding stock But it seems like the Magpul PRS Stock will accommodate my needs for a check riser.... Now Im pissed. ha

If you buy a proper military fixed stock (with the sling cut-out and pin holders), you can buy cheek pieces that snap on. This is the cheap route. http://www.robertrtg.com/g3cheek.html

The Magpul PRS is a better option, but a bit more expensive.

Edited by jjjxlr8
cheek not check

School me, because I'm an idiot about anything not shotgun or handgun related;

Doesn't #3 block the trigger, making it completely pointless as a folding stock? Not sure how much anyone shoots with the stock collapsed on a gun like this, but at least with all the others you have the option.

School me, because I'm an idiot about anything not shotgun or handgun related;

Doesn't #3 block the trigger, making it completely pointless as a folding stock? Not sure how much anyone shoots with the stock collapsed on a gun like this, but at least with all the others you have the option.

I would not shoot this gun without a stock in my shoulder. But yes... it would be harder or impossible to use with #3 if folded.

Sure does. Although the charging handle is forward on the left side of the cocking tube, but still shooting with the stock folded would be massive hollywool-level fail anyway.

Oh, not familiar with the HK too much. On my converted Saiga (and AK-47's) it's on the right side. I got mine with a factory stock and a collapsible one. I swapped over to see how I like it and yeah.. worthless unless I need to save space for storage, but it's uncomfortable to handle when extended, so yeah.. worthless.