Need help deciding: Evo. vs. Golf R

Sledhead36

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't be serious? But if you are, get the Evo. Ten second pass on stock turbo at the 1/4 mile track, turn around and tear shit up at the autocross, and the resale is rock solid. Only gripe is no cruise control (I'm talking Evo 8 & 9 here, no experience with 10).

Aventador

Haha.

I see this guys signature and can't help but laugh at the thread title. I couldn't imagine getting out of a rattle box Evo and into a aventator if I wanted :)

But considering I've had a EVO I would suggest one over the Golf R, people seem to regret purchasing the golf r it seems.

Evo has way more potential in every aspect as well

I assume he means the Evo 10 since the Golf R is a newer model and not the R32. In that case I would still suggest the Evo 10. haha. Its really nice inside now and not just a pumped up Lancer. It has options like cruise control, navi, etc. There is also a larg tuning market for it despite it being a different motor if that's what you are in to.

On looks alone, IMO Evo 10 plus wheels looks fantastic. Very aggressive almost muscle car like. The Golf R doesn't give me that same feel.

I used to have an Evo 9 MR and it was awesome but not actually nice inside like the new ones. Just basic.

Daily driver for my son, lives in FL and has interest in track use, course similar to MidOhio.

Depends on what he values.

Golf r isn't the ultimate performance vehicle the EVO X is, but it does daily life, practicality, and price, much, much, MUCH better than the evo, and its pretty close in performance on paper.

For those that said to keep the Golf R stock, :dumb:

You can pick up 100tq and about 60hp with an intake, fuel pump, downpipe and chip. (under $2,500)

Depends on what he values.

Golf r isn't the ultimate performance vehicle the EVO X is, but it does daily life, practicality, and price, much, much, MUCH better than the evo, and its pretty close in performance on paper.

For those that said to keep the Golf R stock, :dumb:

You can pick up 100tq and about 60hp with an intake, fuel pump, downpipe and chip. (under $2,500)

I drove both today and agree. The EVO is a solid racer, the R is much more docile but probably a better daily car. Where would you go to do those upgrades if he gets one?