Golf R pics

Aaron

wanna get your wig split by an sti?

Sure. Mods?

What mods have you done? Or is it the list you put on the other thread?

Just the lightweight wheels, and cheap cheap summer tires.

In my defense, the last time, it was a 2.0T and completely stock.

I got it tuned but it got totaled.

This one has the 2.8T so it has a bit more punch but now weighs more than the sedan.

d'oh.

Highway merging is spectacular though.

Lookin good. Didn't realize how small those cars really are. Aren't you a pretty big dude? How the hell do you fit in that car? Lol

6'6" and lets just say big boned.

What's funny is the Golf platform is the MOST comfortable car I have ever been in. They have more leg and head room than 99% of cars, and with the 2 door, the B pillar is behind my shoulders giving it enough room for my big ass to move around very well in it. I have driven or sat in almost every single production car, either on the lot, or various car shows, and I always come back to them.

Trust me, I was a tortured man before the Golf R was released, as I was DONE with FWD (GTI) and couldn't fit in anything else comfortably from the factory. The closest was the B8 A4/S4, so I was looking at those. When this came out, it checked all the boxes, the most important one being size.

I could have modified the seats etc in a lot of cars to fit, but I didn't want that to be plan A.

As far as visually, it needs lowered to look less squished. The small wheels, bigger than factory tires, and factory off road ride height certainly don't do the car any favors.