random carry on for a plane

10phone2

My mom arrived today with my daughter from Hawaii for the summer. I was wondering why one of her carry on luggage was heavy. Of coarse I managed to drop the fucker on my foot. She mentioned it was one of the last things I left in the garage before I left for Ohio, besides my laser. I didn't know what it was and started to unpack it.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc510/chrisj011/mx32%20work/mopar2_zpsf890d5aa.jpg

I vaguely remember her asking about a cylinder head years ago and wanted to toss it. Low and behold she put it in a carry on suit case and lugged it all the way from Hawaii

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc510/chrisj011/mx32%20work/mopar_zps23b05fa4.jpg

It's basically a 655 head which was a FWD mopar head from the 80's that has bigger valve bowls and big port cc's when compared to the turbo heads. I bought it off a Chrysler engineer 7-9 years ago new in the box from the factory and has never had valves installed. I moved on from FWD mopar's and just left the head in the garage. I intended it to be a back up head that I built while I get my GLHS back on the road.

I'm still scratching my head as to how she made it to Ohio with this as a carry on without even a word from TSA.

The head weighs 24 pounds approximately. It technically was under the max weight and met the size requirements. I guess she has been waiting for her to get bumped up to 1st class, free carry on, and not needing the extra bag for over a year now. A pocket knife is crossing the line, but a 25 pound chunk of metal and/or bowling ball is fair game... go figure.

Considering she lugged the dam thing all the way from Hawaii I can't sell it. I could just slowly start working on the head and go from there a few years from now after my current shit mess project is done.