purchased a used 04 mustang GT

rage1187

Here is my advice on this car and what to do to it.

Unless you have a good amount of money... apx $10,000 to sink into it. Forget trying to make it fast or make tons of power.

Instead go with a good gear, 3.73 3.90 or 4.10, Get a tune. leave it.

If you are going to auto cross it, do full suspension then stop.

Trust me.

I spent way over that and still didn't make any power

i had a thread title change.

update. when i made this thread i was going to be looking at a 02 GT. at the last minute the boy backed at. I guess all things happen for a reason because i eventually found a very clean 04 GT. ive had it now for about 2 weeks.

There are no check engine lights on this car, stock gears. has a couple mods done to it, such as JLT cai, and trick flo upper plenum, and full exhaust.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
installing the 4.10's this weekend. decided to go ahead and get a jump start this evening. damn abs sensors do not want to budge at all. any tips? how much clearance will you get with leaving abs in there and pushing axles in?

You will feel one HELL of a difference with 4.10s hope your tires had a good life before this weekend :)

thats an understatement. 3 burnouts later and chirping 3rd and 4th my weekend is complete.

new tune coming tomorrow to fix speedo.

broke abs sensors unfortunatly though. those bastards were stuck. i soaked them for a good two days before the install today. they werent having it. so looks like i get to buy new sensors.

Wakes her up don't it? Grats on the new ride, you may notice you will be burning through a lot more gas the next few months to a malfunction in peddle weight. It's a pretty easy fix though, over time it will get harder to push down, right now...well...you hear the sound coming from those poor tires. :)

Hmmm wonder where you could get some new sensors from... ;)

yeah tell me about it. i still take it easy on it. just got the new tune uploaded yesterday and got the speedo fixed. i get that ABS light taken care of i will feel better.

and yes it woke it up. i can cruise 65 at about 2200 rps, so thats not bad at all considering the subaru would be about 23-2400