$590 million powerball winner

TimTaylor751647545500

When I heard the winner was in FL, my coworkers and I made obvious jokes about the likelihood of the winner's age.

Somewhere, someone is kicking themselves for being nice to a little old lady.

Gloria Mackenzie, 84, came forward to claim the second-largest U.S. lottery jackpot, more than two weeks after the $590.5 million Powerball drawing on May 18, Florida Lottery officials announced Wednesday. She passed up a payout spread over 30 years for a somewhat smaller one-time lump sum, pocketing $370.9 million before taxes, Lottery Secretary Cynthia O'Connell said.

Powerball winner allowed to skip in line

Mackenzie bought her winning ticket at a supermarket in Zephyrhills, north of Tampa. She did not appear at Wednesday's announcement, but in a statement O'Connell read to reporters, she said it was the fifth ticket she'd purchased for that drawing.

"While in line at Publix, another lottery player was kind enough to let me go ahead of them in line to purchase the winning quick-pick ticket," Mackenzie said.

Whatever person let a lil old lady go first is probably the worlds saltiest person right now

No good deed goes unpunished.

Karma's a bitch.

and any other useless saying that fits the scenario.

doesn't mean that person would have got the winning ticket if they didn't let the old lady go before her. random number generator... so who knows.

Huh? It's not like the machine knew who the person was. If it was her or the other person, the same numbers would have come out at the same time.

If we are both at a computer and put numbers into a random number generator, it doesn't matter who clicks the "Submit" button at that particular time, the numbers will be the same.