How much time do you spend infront of the TV a day?

Sturg1647545502

Time spent on said entertainment per day, in hours  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Time spent on said entertainment per day, in hours

• 0-.5
    • .5 - 1
    • 1 -2
    • 2 - 3
    • 3 - 4
    • 4 - 5
    • 5 - 6
    • > 6

(mods can we get a poll up? < 1, 1-2, 2-4, 4-6, > 6hrs)

This will include TV, video games, movies, netflix/hulu and watching said entertainment on computers.

Now that its Summer, about how much do you watch a day? Are you disciplined to only turn on the TV on watch specific programs and then turn it off or do you turn it on and browse looking for something to watch? What do you watch/do?

Just ballparking it i'm probably good for 2-3hrs..which seems like too much for me. The majority comes once i get home from work and just veg watching the DVR.

I'll watch sporting events but the DVR list notwithstanding, i traditionally wont turn on the TV to see what's on. Most of the time while watching baseball or golf im normally doing something else around the house.

I feel like i watch too much TV/ once i start watching TV i'll find that X hrs have passed and ive done nothing but sit around.

We no longer have netflix and my XBL time has gone down to Zero over the past year.

2-3 hours after work. Not much you can do with a pregnant wife outdoors in the

heat lol

Really? My wife did all kinds of stuff out doors when she was pregnant in the summer.

I spend 2 hours. That's while playing with my 8 month old

My TV always seems to be on but I don't watch it. The other people in my house have to have a show or something on in the background while they do other things, like use the PC for example. Sometimes they are listening to music, playing a PC game, and have netflix playing on the TV. I have to leave the room when that happens. Myself maybe 1-2 hours of netflix and video gaming.

I DVR all of the shows I like. I might watch for a couple hours two or three nights a week. I work too much and spend all day at a computer at work. The last thing I want to do when I get home is stare at another monitor.

Im normally on my computer so i dont watch TV except for when im laying in bed, but while im on the computer it is on in the background for noise, or my GF will be watching it or something. I WATCH tv maybe 1 to 2, 3 hours at max per day, but LISTENING to the TV lol, probably a good 5-6 listening to it.

So Computer - 3 or so hours a day

The Television - Maybe an hour spread out during the day, 1-2 while laying in bed at night (9:30-10pm till i pass out)

I haven't had cable tv for a couple of years and i don't miss it. Interwebs ftw

This.

I have an xBox and Netflix. Most reg TV bores or frustrates me, so why pay? I game a couple nights a week for a couple hours. Usually it's on Netflix or music though for background noise while doing other things.

From 6 p.m. to midnight, the TV is always on. My wife has to have the TV on to fall asleep too. However, We don't work Fridays, so that is our no TV day and we go out or do things around the house.

From 6 p.m. to midnight, the TV is always on. My wife has to have the TV on to fall asleep too. However, We don't work Fridays, so that is our no TV day and we go out or do things around the house.

About this. I do weeknight cycling rides a few days a week, but if im home, the TV is usually on. almost always a news channel, and i have to have a TV on to sleep. when my ex first stayed over, she woke up about 3am and turned the TV off, and i woke up out of my sleep to tell her it needed to stay on. lol. she learned to sleep with it on.

i probably watch way too much, 15-20 hours, but the tv is on in front of me a hell of a lot more if you count while im sleeping.