Shop Recommendations?

Dragu1a

I am in need of some shop recommendations. It's been brought to my attention that my previous mechanic, who will not be named...but has had a falling out on this page some time ago, has a habit of taking cars on a "vigorous test drive".

Is there anywhere I can go that wont rape my wallet and car when I drop it off? My current needs are bearing replacements in clutch(I have the pilot bearing, TOB and TOB retainer sleeve) along with tracking down/repairing a possible vacuum leak and hopefully in near future I will need someone to do a mustang DOHC cam swap(again, I have all the parts...just need labor).

Any recommendations are appreciated. I live in Dublin, but don't mind driving out a little to find a decent place.

Edited by Dragu1a
fixed some typos

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in need of some shop recommendations. It's been brought to my attentiom that my previous mechanic, who will not be named...but has had a falling out on this page some time ago, has a habit of taking cars on a "vigorous test drive".

Is there anywhere I can go that wont rape my wallet and car when I drop it off? My current needs are bearing replacements in clutch(I have tw pilot bearing, TOB and TOB retainer sleeve) along woth tracking down/repairing a possible vacuum leak and hopefully in near future I will need someone to do a mustang DOHC cam swap(again, I have all the parts...just need labor).

Any recommendations are appreciated. I live in Dublin, but don't mind driving out a little to find a decent place.

That sucks for you and I hope your stuff was not damaged like others on here....

Pickups Plus, IPS , Dozzer's Garage are all places I would recomend.

I am in need of some shop recommendations. It's been brought to my attentiom that my previous mechanic, who will not be named...but has had a falling out on this page some time ago, has a habit of taking cars on a "vigorous test drive".

Is there anywhere I can go that wont rape my wallet and car when I drop it off? My current needs are bearing replacements in clutch(I have tw pilot bearing, TOB and TOB retainer sleeve) along woth tracking down/repairing a possible vacuum leak and hopefully in near future I will need someone to do a mustang DOHC cam swap(again, I have all the parts...just need labor).

I know who!

Pickups Plus?

IPS?

That sucks for you and I hope your stuff was not damaged like others on here....

Pickups Plus, IPS , Dozzer's Garage are all places I would recomend.

He said who won't cost him a pretty penny. I'd take out IPS.

• Downvote 1

This

I have done business with both shops and never had a single issue.

Anyone of the shops mentioned would be a good idea. Labor prices do suck though. However, if they mess something up they will make it right for you.

Not me, I disagree, but that's not on topic so I won't bring that into this thread :)

IPS. They have discounted rates for CR members.
X2

If I don't have the time or a tech open at the dealer they do great work. I dropped off my wifes GLI the night after the wedding and got it back the next week when I was back and everything was great. Even got the labor close to dealer side work pricing and was a lot closer to my house. BTW I work at a dealer so I can say great hourly rates... ;)

Any contact info on dozzer? tried googling it, but it didn't turn up anything helpful. I'm going to get ahold of a few places and kinda feel them out...see how busy they are, labor rates, blah blah blah.

Any contact info on dozzer? tried googling it, but it didn't turn up anything helpful. I'm going to get ahold of a few places and kinda feel them out...see how busy they are, labor rates, blah blah blah.

this below. He is on Cr by clicking the blue link. He is on here often im sure would respond to a Pm in a timly manner.

http://www.columbusracing.com/banners/Dozzers.jpg

Bill Dozzer (614) 340-9616

I'd be interested in how you'd know that his test drives are "vigerous"

anyways, I do my work myself because I don't trust anyone else.

i've witnessed him in other cars. hell, he's even posted videos of him and his gf at the time doing brake stand burnouts at his shop.

i wish i could do this shit myself...save a lot of $. unfortunately, i'm not that mechanically inclined. i can do little things, oil change, rotate a tire...but this is over my head.