Why this Liberal supports gun ownership

iwishiwascool

What a piece of shit. Picking on a defenseless woman. Unfortunately, I think even if there was a gun in the house, it wouldn't have mattered. Either she wouldn't have got to it in time, or shock would have kicked in. It's easy to talk about shooting someone, until that moment arises. But wow, I wish some fucking piece of shit would break into my house like that.

Nothing is 100% and we can't know for sure how our family would respond, but through training and forethought, I believe that would have ended differently in my home, to my wife.

The only question is what caliber my wife would grab first.

Nothing is 100% and we can't know for sure how our family would respond, but through training and forethought, I believe that would have ended differently in my home, to my wife.

The only question is what caliber my wife would grab first.

The way that guy run up on her she didnt have a chance unless she already happened to have one in hand. At my house getting in is what I try to make hard. We keep doors locked even while home. Its kind of my first line of defense and we stay mindful of it. If you make it in you have to deal with the dog and my dawg. If an intruder get through all that and still gets at me its most likely a police raid or assassins sent from some cartel or something. Be game over so no worries at that point.

If some one wants in a lock will do nothing to prevent them getting inside. They'll just delay, so locks just give you a little extra time.

The best thing to combat a home invasion is to have a dog that doesn't like strangers. Dog will give you advance warning and keep them occupied if not outright deter them from entering.

Glad to see this video is making the rounds, I hope the bastard gets what's coming to him. Well, he won't get what's coming to him, but hopefully they can get this animal off the street.

Fixed that for ya.

For sure, every second counts. My wife always complains to our friends about my random "GET THE GUN NOW!!!" drills, but at least I am confident of her being able to procure, and operate all of the HD firearms I own. I may not be able to simulate the high level of stress, but repetition has to count for something.

one of the attorneys in Texas that was assassinated in his house was known to carry nearly 24/7. if they get the jump, you're done for.

Yeah fuck being a high profile attorney for that reason alone. Not worth the money...

Do you carry 24/7 even around the house when your pants are off? If so then props to you.

not all the time, but if I'm going out and carrying, I do tend to continue wearing it in the house.

Here too. Especially if the dude kicked her down the stairs as we keep loaded firearms on every level. In our case, he'd definitely be dead.

If some one wants in a lock will do nothing to prevent them getting inside. They'll just delay, so locks just give you a little extra time.

^^ extra time. All we would need is an extra 10-15 seconds for that Oh-Shit moment/thought and a chance to grab a gun.

The best thing to combat a home invasion is to have a dog that doesn't like strangers. Dog will give you advance warning and keep them occupied if not outright deter them from entering.

Yep. Our dogs are our first alert. Well, the motion sensors around the yard are, but they set off a doorbell like tone and then the dogs immediately go nuckin futs and they sound pretty instense which IMO would likely deter most. However, if not, it's likely going to take 2-3 kicks to get in and that's plenty of time to react.

It's easy to talk about shooting someone, until that moment arises.

IMO if you're not ready to shoot someone the moment something like this happens then you never deserved to own a gun as you lack the proper mindset/training.

IMO if you're not ready to shoot someone the moment something like this happens then you never deserved to own a gun as you lack the proper mindset/training.

Whatever. I got into your house my first try. You let a damn dirty Puerto Rican escape.

And with some of your stuff.