DSRL Dudes....Canon Announcement Finally

TTQ B4U

To those looking at adding an nice DSLR to their bag of toys, Canon is finally beginning the announcements.

This is at the top of my list to replace my Walk-Around 40D. Same price as my now 6 year old camera was.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/07/02/canon-announces-eos-70d-mid-range-SLR-with-dual-pixel-cmos-af-on-chip-phase-detection

Enjoy!

Depending on what you shoot I'd wait a little longer for the 7D II.

I only skimmed the stats but nothing jumped out at me.

Jeff

No doubt the 7d II will be nice but I have an MKIII and a 1 series for doing real work. My goal is to add real video capability to my daily carr around unit which this new AF system finally does. Most all other DSLR video pails in comparison to a dedicated video unit. This really ups the game. Plus the price point / value is finally where it should be. My guess is the new 7d will be $1,800. Too high by today's standards available. Especially when I buy most of my higher end gear used

No doubt the 7d II will be nice but I have an MKIII and a 1 series for doing real work. My goal is to add real video capability to my daily carr around unit which this new AF system finally does. Most all other DSLR video pails in comparison to a dedicated video unit. This really ups the game. Plus the price point / value is finally where it should be. My guess is the new 7d will be $1,800. Too high by today's standards available. Especially when I buy most of my higher end gear used

Oh I get it for that. Many don't use DSLR's for video (Regardless of how good or bad) which *Most* of the improvements seem to be based on. The 7D II will be more expensive for sure but if it comes with the 5D III AF and 8+ FPS and *IF* they can work on a new sensor to keep the noise in check and improve DR it will be a SOLID upgrade to Canon's current line-up.

Jeff

Will they discount for sales tax?

I have no clue I just know that they price match.

Sales tax in New York is quite expensive and I'm pretty sure that the sales tax laws changes this year to where you it doesn't matter if you have brick-and-mortar store or not in the state you are buying from... But I could be wrong

Supplicium where are you preordering from? I think the price difference is the lens that comes with it either the 18-55mm for $1300 or the 18-135mm for $1500.

Amazon is doing perorders too, free shipping no tax.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-20-2-Digital-Camera-Pixel/dp/B00DMS0GTC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373569933&sr=8-1&keywords=canon+70d