Men who Wax their chests, get in here.

thorne

Just finished shaving my chest and boy does it look and feel great. Next, I will need to oil my hairless chest up before hitting the crossfit gym and doing some burpees, kettleball swings, and box jumps. Functional movements, people, and no fucking chest hair. Tonight, I think I'll take my supermodel wife to a nice restaurant wearing a stylish pair of To Boot New York double monk straps, a deep V, and a dollop of pomade to rock my pompadour.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished shaving my chest and boy does it look and feel great. Next, I will need to oil my hairless chest up before hitting the crossfit gym and doing some burpees, kettleball swings, and box jumps. Functional movements, people, and no fucking chest hair. Tonight, I think I'll take my supermodel wife to a nice restaurant wearing a stylish pair of To Boot New York double monk straps, a deep V, and a dollop of pomade to rock my pompadour.

Pics of hairless chest? For science of course.

That is true too. Now that I work from home, I'm far more likely to be wearing sandals. It's steel toe when I'm in the field.

Mesh Shorts/T-Shirt/Running Shoes. My daily grind, Fak all this noise

I came

Lies

-Marc

Speechless, 10/10.

In all seriousness, after looking at your pictures you can only go up in fashion.

I'd start slow like Ken said and hit up TJMax and try to find a style of button up and flat front slacks that are comfortable to you. You will not break the bank there and can afford to try a lot of stuff out. After that, you can step up to some better quality clothes.

Don't forget that you will need a few good belts to match the pants/shirts/shoes.

I would second Johnson and Murphy for a good, mid-level shoe.

I don't think you will enjoy the way anything from Express or JCrew would fit you so MensWarehouse may be your next step up from TJ's.

Good luck

-Marc

Men's warehouse is a good shot. Customer service is great. Just ask one of the workers for help picking out a new wardrobe they will show you all your options. I've done that twice for new suits and would do it again.

In all seriousness, after looking at your pictures you can only go up in fashion.

I'd start slow like Ken said and hit up TJMax and try to find a style of button up and flat front slacks that are comfortable to you. You will not break the bank there and can afford to try a lot of stuff out. After that, you can step up to some better quality clothes.

Don't forget that you will need a few good belts to match the pants/shirts/shoes.

I would second Johnson and Murphy for a good, mid-level shoe.

I don't think you will enjoy the way anything from Express or JCrew would fit you so MensWarehouse may be your next step up from TJ's.

Good luck

-Marc

So I'm totally confused about this whole pleated thing. I actually made it a point to observe the various types of pants my peers and my manager wore. Every single one of them had pleated pants on.

As for belts and such I have a few nices ones. Shirt wise it seems like I need to go button up

So I'm totally confused about this whole pleated thing. I actually made it a point to observe the various types of pants my peers and my manager wore. Every single one of them had pleated pants on.

As for belts and such I have a few nices ones. Shirt wise it seems like I need to go button up

Srsly? There is no confusion. Pleats are awful. Do not ever wear them. Ever. Seriously.

Do they enjoy looking like they have a front butt? Do they have pictures of AC Slater hung in their cubicles?

Edit: Link

Pleats are the appendix of the clothing world. Made useless through evolution and now the source of nothing but trouble. Even though men aren’t built like Christina Hendricks, our waists are in fact smaller than our hips. And back in the rat-pack days when men wore their pants halfway to their nipples, pleats were necessary to taper the top of the pant so it didn’t bunch when belted.

Now that we wear our pants on our hips pleats have become unnecessary. But since most guys have identified pleats with dress-pants since they were knee high to a clearance rack, that’s what most reach for. What happens when you wear pleated pants on your hips? They accordion out in a faux spare tire because that extra cloth has to go somewhere. Flat fronts are just as formal as pleats. So jettison your old pleated Haggars and stick with flat fronts.

Srsly? There is no confusion. Pleats are awful. Do not ever wear them. Ever. Seriously.

I disagree. There's a place for them. Flat front are more stylish for younger trimmer guys but if you put a guy who isn't in shape in a pair of each, the pleats will feel more comfortable and tend to look better. Your opinion may differ but look around the office. Nothing looks more dumb than a pudgy guy trying to wear athletic cut shirts or a contoured, flat-front pants.

^^ Bill, look at them again and see if any of them below 15% body fat. Not likely. They are most likely no longer athletic in appearance. Flats are making a comeback and pushing pleats aside for many, but not all. Taylors will fit you in either but body type will be a part of determining which you should where in many cases too.

I disagree. There's a place for them. Flat front are more stylish for younger trimmer guys but if you put a guy who isn't in shape in a pair of each, the pleats will feel more comfortable and tend to look better. Your opinion may differ but look around the office. Nothing looks more dumb than a pudgy guy trying to wear athletic cut shirts or a contoured, flat-front pants.

^^ Bill, look at them again and see if any of them below 15% body fat. Not likely. They are most likely no longer athletic in appearance. Flats are making a comeback and pushing pleats aside for many, but not all. Taylors will fit you in either but body type will be a part of determining which you should where in many cases too.

I guess. Is he pudgy?

I am overweight . But my manager is not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

How old is he? The BS Debate on pleats has gone on for years. In the end, they aren't going anywhere and will continue to carry the stigma in the eyes of younger people. They are typically associated with more formal or "dress" style but we all know that's not necessarily true. Personal taste really.

I tend to mix up things. I wear some pleated dress pants but then $150-200 dress pant combined with a matching quality shirt and jacket where appropriate and pants will always look nice pleats or not.

Today it's nice, blue sky, Friday and thus it's flat-front biz casual pants and an untucked silk shirt. Fuck, on Fridays in this place, it's not about the guys, it's the woman that class the place up :p

Keep in mind it's also not what you wear it's how you manage and are seen by others in the work place. Well dressed shitty manages or pricks are still just that. The cool-kids know how to hang with bosses that are worth being around.

He's not a guru persay he's the manager. I'm more of the guru . I've sorted my shirts some more and came up with 6-8 that I consider nice brand name and fit well. I really need pants. I only have 4-5 pairs that fit nicely.

I'm going to take bob up on his offer, I need to get shoes first as my current ones are falling apart.