Down 100 pounds as of today since Jan 1st, WOOT!

Slimpsy1647545505

So I just wanted to post this here and maybe help motivate some others with it. I started my weight loss journey January 1st as the dreadful "I will lose weight this year". . . . and for the first in my adult life I actually stuck to it and just kept going.

All I've done is workout 5-6 times a week and eat right. I still have a ways to go. I'm gonna start a CrossFit program and start lifting now. . . my ultimate goal is to build up to strongman stuff. We'll see.

Anyway, if anyone could recommend a good CrossFit program or would want to start lifting with me, hit me up!

http://i.imgur.com/Uq3eWxb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wtAPNRd.jpg

Edited by Slimpsy
  • Upvote 2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys! Yes I was a kentucky fried chicken eatin mofo for many years ;) LoL

Excellent work, what kind of workout did you do 5 days a week??

Elliptical almost every day, starting with 20 minutes and working up to my current full incline/resistance of 60 minutes. It's wild how much cardio strength you can gain over time!

About half-way through I added dumbbells into the mix (upper body circuit stuff) and then got a soloflex (of all things) and started using that for a more full body workout.

But regardless of weights, I did cardio almost every single day. . . felt like I was cheating myself if I didn't. It has worked out!!!

Congrats man! You little one will thank you for extending your life expectancy too!

Thanks buddy! This is the reason I wanted to commit to a change. . . not just for me, but for them. I think what's helped me most is not trying to be better than anyone else (have a lot of fit friends who lift a ton). . . but just trying to always improve and be better than I used to be.

I'm not the best I can be, but I'm better than I was. . . stronger than I used to be ;)

Looking good man. From someone who has also lost 100, KEEP GOING! I have kind of leveled off since grandpa died and am just now getting back at it pretty serious. KEEP MOVING! What was your starting weight?

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=654&pictureid=5381

• Upvote 1

Congratulations, man. I dropped a hundred pounds about a year ago. I gained a bit back over this last winter but working on losing that, now. Feels f'n great, doesn't it? I'd almost forgotten what it was like to be without all that weight. I like to hand people two bags of dog food and go, "There, imagine carrying those around all day and night."

Outstanding job, if you are looking to get into strongman I wouldn't do crossfit. Crossfit is a high intensity interval training regiment that will tone more then anything. It does very little to substantially build bigger muscles. Before you punch drinking crossfit fools come out of the wood ward, I don't have anything against it, just his goals are more in the lines of power lifting. There are a lot of great powerlifting gyms in the area, first thing is to build a base by getting in there and starting from the bottom. I like to use the NASM five phases. Google it and if that seems up your alley go for it, feel free to shoot me any questions. I may or may not know what I am talking about :)