Ohio State football: Hyde dismissed from team, sources say

Jackson1647545504

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The alleged victim released the following statement to NBC4 Tuesday:

Keeping in mind what is for me and my family I have decided to refrain from filing charges at this time.

Some of the media has rushed to judgment regarding the incident to ensure they are the first to report the information, whether it be factual or false. This has been overwhelming, frustrating and disappointing. It is unimaginable to be exposed to these false reports, claims and rumors and for anticipated 4 months expected to bring this incident to a conclusion.

I would like to thank the Columbus Police department for their patience and professionalism they showed conducting their investigation. They have advised me I have up to two years to consider criminal charges.

I believe the video, if released, will speak for itself when shown in its entirety and not edited or censored.

Thank you

Columbus police announced Tuesday morning that the investigation into the alleged assault has been officially closed.

She gonna wait til he gets paid, so she can get paid!

Deer god I don't miss going to places like that...

Nothing good happens after midnight, I hope the rest of the team takes note of this.

It looks like they exchange words and he put his hand up as if to point at her in a chastising manner.

Then it looks like she takes a swipe at him.

He backs up, puts up his left hand as if he's going to retaliate, but hesitates. This kind of looks like a lunge toward her. She backs up immediately as if in reaction to it.

He then extends his left arm - almost like he's finishing the movement he started earlier. I wouldn't call it a "punch" per se. Maybe a swipe? A slap?

I'm more intrigued by how all this went down. It looked like the guys he was with were showing interest in another girl up on the stage and somehow things go diverted to the girl in question. I was thinking, is the girl in question like running interference here? Or is the girl in question jealous over something?

Definitely hard to tell and grainy. Still a stupid decision to even put oneself in that environment as a high-end athlete.

I understand kids will be kids and that kind of behavior/environment is normal for 99.9999% of people that age, but you have to be above that stuff if you are serious about your career and future as an athlete. Does it mean he can't go out and have a drink? No... but think about all the people that would gladly take down an athlete if they could or even that thinks they can extort something out of someone.

I am leaning towards the harsh side of punishment. I say gone... Likely though I see a lengthy suspension (maybe 4-6 games).

I also wouldn't be surprised if that girl miraculously has a fatter bank account today than she did that night. Lol. Not to say she won't press charges but I have a feeling a booster got to her. Pure speculation of course.

Pavo

I also wouldn't be surprised if that girl miraculously has a fatter bank account today than she did that night. Lol. Not to say she won't press charges but I have a feeling a booster got to her. Pure speculation of course.

Pavo

Oh Jesus here we go

He then extends his left arm - almost like he's finishing the movement he started earlier. I wouldn't call it a "punch" per se. Maybe a swipe? A slap?

stiffarm? lol

P.S. This looks like shit that happens in every single club I've ever been to. Drunk douchie people being either drunk, douchie, or both.

Yeap, especially 18+ ones.

Is that what going to a club entails now? Looks boring as fuck, I'm old and went to OSU clubs back in the day and I remember dancing with girls..... Not standing there like it's an elementary school dance.....

Embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'm stuck between 2 of my most important values:

1) don't hit women. not a lot of explanation needed

2) if women want to be treated as equals, they should be. If a person, male or female, takes the first swing, anything after that can be self defense and you deserve whatever ass whooping you receive. if you're not willing to risk that, don't swing first.

IMO you never hit women, but she clearly swings first and should have no legal ground to stand on.

I'm hoping he was kidding. I don't think OSU is willing to risk more suspensions to cover up Carlos Hyde lol

Yes that was a joke. lol... Obviously a poor one. I'm not at all OSU hating. I am a fan. No offense to Hyde but I can't see them risking it over him as you pointed out.

Pavo

Video doesn't look good ether way. Looks like she may have slapped him, the fake lunge, and then some sort of contact with her after she flinched. Hindsight is 20/20, but taking a swipe at a girl while you're walking away is never a good idea. It's one thing if she is completely in your face, not backing down, and is pursuing you. But she appeared to back down after he made the initial lunge. Easy to play armchair qb, but the video doesn't look particularly good for him.