Anyone experienced with a Haltech & Rotary Engine?

Akagis_White_Comet

I'm having some issues with my 20B-REW powered FC RX-7 flooding itself and/or stalling due to an overly rich mixture (low 12s at idle). Attempting to lean it out in Haltech's ECU Manager has simply led to the engine stalling, so I am a bit confused on what the issue specifically is.

Are there any local guys with RX-7s whom have solid experience with standalones? I would greatly appreciate one such person taking a look at my settings and datalogs to get me on the correct path to making the car behave properly.

The level of expertise applicable would be approximately that of a FD owner as it is the closest sibling to my 20B.

thanks,

Travis

So should I assume it was properly tuned and running properly at one time and this has recently started or you just went to the haltech and are now having this issue?

What's the condition of the engine? Do you have access to the proper rotay compression gauge?

Logan is the man! Do yourself a favor though, and get rid of the haltech if its anything other than their platinum line. The older standalones they produced are an absolute fucking nightmare. There's a reason people called them Helltech. They are very slow to take changes when tuning real time if they take them at all. They'll arbitrarily crash and shut your car down while tuning, and are extremely picky about which cable you use & computer. I don't know how a cable can possibly make a difference, but it does. You also have to know Australian :fuuuu:

Engine is fine and is going from a base map to something that won't flood/stall/lean spike for no reason.

Talked to Logan today and I'm waiting on a call back as he was understandably quite busy with a customer's car on the dyno. I really need some help with this ASAP so I can get to work on monday.