Help me pick

BStowers023

So I'm looking for a new daily...my old 98 Accord is getting pretty close to pushing 300k and I don't think she's going to make it much longer. I'm looking to get into something similar, just newer with lower miles.

Requirements/Preferred features :

4 door

4 or 6 cylinder (no V8s)

Prefer Japanese

Reliability being #1

Prefer auto, but I can do a manual for the right price

Prefer leather

Under $10k

My top choice currently is an 04-08 Acura TL, but I'm also considering an older Accord, 04-08 TSX, older Maxima, and an older Camry. I'm considering all suggestions, but I really love the way the 04-08 TL models look (personally one of my favorite vehicle body styles).

Just looking for some input on people that know more about these cars/have owned them or know someone that has. The goods/bads of each, reliability..ect.

So you seem stuck on Hondas and Toyotas. Have you considered my favorite Japanese brand, Mazda? The cars feel sportier then Hondas and Toyotas (and I don't just mean Miatas), and I just enjoy the look and feel of the 3 and 6 much better. If you want cheap the Protege hasn't been made in a while but if you can find one in decent shape (as in little rust and decently cared for) these cars were bulletproof.

So you seem stuck on Hondas and Toyotas. Have you considered my favorite Japanese brand, Mazda? The cars feel sportier then Hondas and Toyotas (and I don't just mean Miatas), and I just enjoy the look and feel of the 3 and 6 much better. If you want cheap the Protege hasn't been made in a while but if you can find one in decent shape (as in little rust and decently cared for) these cars were bulletproof.

Haven't really considered Mazda, I do like the looks of both the 3 and 6, I will check some out.

B5 A4. Sedan check. 4 banger check. Auto check. Leather check. And it's awd with sunroof etc. I have one and its far under your price range. Message me if interested

PM Sent

Mazdaspeed 6? Or a regular Mazda 6, have friends with both and they love them

Any MS6 under $10k isn't worth looking into. Regular ones are alright.. my brother bought one brand new and had a handful of little problems right off the bat, but I suppose you'll hear good/bad things about any car out there.

I've been looking at everything, and I'm almost completely sold on a TL. For whatever reason the 04-05 model TLs with 130-180k miles are very reasonably priced. I've found a ton between $6-8k. Anyone in here own a TL or know anyone with one? Thoughts?

I've been looking at everything, and I'm almost completely sold on a TL. For whatever reason the 04-05 model TLs with 130-180k miles are very reasonably priced. I've found a ton between $6-8k. Anyone in here own a TL or know anyone with one? Thoughts?

I recommend finding out if its had its timing belt changed.

Look into Saab 9-3s. Fantastic cars. You can pick up a low mileage for cheap. I almost picked up a 2008 with 30,000 for 10,000 but chose to get a convertible instead

Just checked them out, they are deff. nice cars! I don't know much about Saabs, although I know they are a good bang for your buck, even performance wise. How reliable are they, and are repairs expensive?

I recommend finding out if its had its timing belt changed.

I'll most likely be buying through a dealership since I got a pre-approval loan through my credit union and they have to provide a carfax. The car I buy will most likely have around 150k, so I'm nearly positive it would have had the timing belt replaced or the car would most likely not be running.

I'll most likely be buying through a dealership since I got a pre-approval loan through my credit union and they have to provide a carfax. The car I buy will most likely have around 150k, so I'm nearly positive it would have had the timing belt replaced or the car would most likely not be running.

I've seen plenty of cars that were long overdo for a belt and still running. Don't assume that because its got the mileage on it that the belt was replaced.

I've seen plenty of cars that were long overdo for a belt and still running. Don't assume that because its got the mileage on it that the belt was replaced.

I don't assume anything. Trust me, that's one of the questions I always ask. The last thing I want to do is spend $8k on a car, then turn around the next week and dump $800 for a timing belt and water pump.

On my previous Saab (sig pic). I had it from 43,000 to 120,000 before it was killed by a mustang, all I did was change the oil and brake pads. It had a very hard life with me behind the wheel tee-hee. Still averaged 33-38 mpg highway

My current Saab, no problems so far.

It uses a lot of gm parts so parts aren't too pricey.

I recommend 05 and above if you want a turbo 4 (and I would prefer a turbo 4 over my current turbo 6, better mileage)