Slight Transmission Issue

DKilbourne

Well, I took the transmission out of my car yesterday and opened it up to find this

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx296/DKilbourne_2010/Transmission1_zps46bdc9d6.jpeg

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx296/DKilbourne_2010/Transmission2_zps8a97d168.jpeg

I think I might have an issue........

Time to call RPM.

Not sure if you are referring that he NEEDS a RPM transmission or not but, this is a quote from his for sale add

I am thinking about selling my toy. It's a dark shadow grey 03 Cobra. Solid axle, ported blower, Corbeau seats, supporting mods, built T-56 from RPM in Indiana with a SPEC stage 3 clutch.

Hope its a somewhat reasonable fix bud.

Time to call RPM.

It is going back there soon :) New counter shaft and input shaft for sure. Hopefully the rest is ok. Looks to be. Hell, the fluid even came out clear without any chunks. That really surprised me. I guess they all stayed at the bottom of the case :)

You gotta lay off the launch control, man.

Haha. That was going from 2nd to 3rd. If anyone has ever done this, they know the feeling/noises. For a split second it's in gear, then the whole car shakes and it's magically out of gear. This followed by a nice metallic noise coming from underneath. Yeah, it's fun :gabe:

Hope its a somewhat reasonable fix bud.

It's a T-56. It's "reasonable" for fixing one, but not cheap by any means. Oh well. It held up to a lot of abuse and hopefully will continue to hold after it's fixed. The good news is that anyone that needs a 26 spline alignment tool for a Ford now has one available to borrow.....

It is going back there soon :) New counter shaft and input shaft for sure. Hopefully the rest is ok. Looks to be. Hell, the fluid even came out clear without any chunks. That really surprised me. I guess they all stayed at the bottom of the case :)

How much of the repair are they going to warranty?

Haha. That was going from 2nd to 3rd. If anyone has ever done this, they know the feeling/noises. For a split second it's in gear, then the whole car shakes and it's magically out of gear. This followed by a nice metallic noise coming from underneath. Yeah, it's fun :gabe:

been there done that 3 times in my SS, the last time it was stuck in 3rd gear. that counter shaft alone is $1500 from a dealership that doesn't include the bearings either, Goodale had them for $370ish I think

been there done that 3 times in my SS, the last time it was stuck in 3rd gear. that counter shaft alone is $1500 from a dealership that doesn't include the bearings either, Goodale had them for $370ish I think

Holy hell stealership pricing! I believe that it will be around that $370 mark for the one I am getting.