Purchasing a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

WideOpenThrottle

So I've decided to get a 2013 Wrangler Unlimited. I found some outside Washington, DC but hate to fly out just to buy a Jeep. I know some of you guys work at dealerships and such; and I'm wondering if you have any similar deals going on or close to their price. I do want a stripped down version bc of what I plan on doing to it.

MSRP $27,755

Adjusted Price $21,755

Bodystyle 4 door SUV

Engine 3.6L V-6 cyl

Transmission 6-Speed Manual

Ext. Color Black

Int. Color Black

The Adjusted Price includes all factory rebates, a recent graduation discount for college graduates ($500 factory rebate from Chrysler/$500 discount from Lustine), and a Military factory rebate ($500) but does not include

a destination charge ($750-$995), tax, tags, processing fee ($399) or other charges.

So that's 2500 additional so around 24,500. Anyone around here compare to these prices?

Have you build one on truecar.com? When I order mine, that's the route I'm going. Truecar also has a built-in search tool to look for what you want within a specific mile range.

Be careful about how much personal info you give to truecar, they're very shady about selling your info. That said, they will help you get a great price.

Truecar can suck my sweaty balls. They are a scam site IMHO.

After I used it when I was looking, I started getting phone calls as late as 1am from dealerships damn near badgering for me to buy from them. Then shortly after that, the telemarketers started calling.

As for getting a good price on a wrangler, good luck. Your best bet is to wait for the 14's to hit and snag a 13. Many dealerships won't budge at all on price because they know they'll sell it eventually. I got mine a few months back and ended up with a 12 instead of a 13 since dealerships refused to even accept my Affiliate pricing. Most of them just flat said we wont budge, it'll sell sooner or later.

Why put your real number in Truecar? I've used them and always contact the dealers through email.

Initially I didn't put in my real one and didn't get a lot of offers or replies. I did it again and I put in my google voice # hoping it would help me filter out junk, which it did but I had to turn it off so it wouldn't ring my phone.

Truecar can suck my sweaty balls. They are a scam site IMHO.

After I used it when I was looking, I started getting phone calls as late as 1am from dealerships damn near badgering for me to buy from them. Then shortly after that, the telemarketers started calling.

As for getting a good price on a wrangler, good luck. Your best bet is to wait for the 14's to hit and snag a 13. Many dealerships won't budge at all on price because they know they'll sell it eventually. I got mine a few months back and ended up with a 12 instead of a 13 since dealerships refused to even accept my Affiliate pricing. Most of them just flat said we wont budge, it'll sell sooner or later.

Yeah we're not a Truecar dealer and we probably lose some business because of it, but they suck for dealers to deal with too. They require FULL access to dealer's CRM systems which is complete crap. Be careful not to do business with a Truecar dealer, even if you don't use the service I think your info is still accessible to some degree by them just by being in the dealer's system.

EDIT: Sorry for hijacking the thread but this is sorta relevant.

Yeah we're not a Truecar dealer and we probably lose some business because of it, but they suck for dealers to deal with too. They require FULL access to dealer's CRM systems which is complete crap. Be careful not to do business with a Truecar dealer, even if you don't use the service I think your info is still accessible to some degree by them just by being in the dealer's system.

EDIT: Sorry for hijacking the thread but this is sorta relevant.

It's amazing to me, what people will give up information wise to save a few $.

Who actually uses those sites to buy? Truecar, cars.com, etc...are only for invoice price researching. Once you know the price/amount, just send an email to your local dealers telling what you are willing to pay and wait for a response. No reason to even deal with those scam sites...

Who actually uses those sites to buy? Truecar, cars.com, etc...are only for invoice price researching. Once you know the price/amount, just send an email to your local dealers telling what you are willing to pay and wait for a response. No reason to even deal with those scam sites...

You've got to think like the average uninformed car buyer. We are car enthusiasts, we live in the car world daily and some of us live in the car sales world. Most people only think about buying a car for a couple weeks every 3-5 years. They want to put forth as little time and effort as possible, but still get the best price possible. These services market themselves as doing just that, and people don't stop to think "what is the cost to me of them doing all this work for me?".

I tried that and all my email were replied with a simple "No thanks" type reply since they were easily getting sticker or more for these stupid things. I thought I'd try truecar based on a thread similar to this one but not knowing it was such a shit site.

After a LOT of searching, I ended up finding a good volume dealer up near Cleveland that had a 12 leftover and they wanted to move it. I plain got lucky, period.

I just picked up my 2013 Sport S with hard top used for $25k. Had less than 2,000 miles on it and includes all factory warranties. Picked it up at a local dealership. Pretty much the Jeep I have wanted my whole life.

That's the kind of deal I'm looking for! lol I don't mind to have a base because I intend on replacing the suspension and wheels. And it MUST be a 6 spd.

I don't see how some dealers are able to give killer deals on them like for $21,000 and we have to pay so much more. Supply and demand..,

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=45690&endYear=2014&driveCodes=4WD|AWD&transmissionCode=MAN&doorCode=4&transmissionCodes=MAN&maxPrice=21000&mmt=[JEEP[WRANGLER[]][]]&doorCodes=4&modelCode1=WRANGLER&driveCode=4WD|AWD&sortBy=mileageASC&showcaseOwnerId=69342&makeCode1=JEEP&startYear=2007&maxMileage=75000&searchRadius=0&listingId=337504644&listingIndex=1&Log=0

That's the kind of deal I'm looking for! lol I don't mind to have a base because I intend on replacing the suspension and wheels. And it MUST be a 6 spd.

Good luck finding it. I know it took me about 6 months to find one for exactly the way I wanted at a good price. But just keep looking they do show up.

That's pretty much fair right now. Jeeps are selling at MSRP due to their popularity at the moment. You're lucky to get much off on the Unlimited especially. Don't know what the plans are for it, but make sure you don't get stuck with the 3.21 gears.

That is CRAZY talk, it's a flipping Jeep,....if you aren't getting it for invoice or less you aren't trying very hard.

Heck, get a one way plane ticket and fly to get one. $200 flight and save $2-5k+ depending on the model... ;)